the Rift

[OPEN] Memories have left you broken [Kri]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

Dear Azzuen,
I begin to wonder when time will take its course in mending my wounds. They say time is the best medicine, but I find its methods ineffective. If anything, time has hindered me. I have lost so much of it brooding, but for that I have only myself to blame. Cirrus and Azulee are doing just fine. Oh, how I wish you could see them now. I look at them and I see your face. I gaze into their eyes and I swear I can see you staring back at me.

It feels so good to be free of that prison, to stretch my wings and feel the wind preen my feathers. Onni realigned the bone; it's a wonder it is even functional considering all it has been through. The heat of the desert has never felt this good. It is waning somewhat as Frostfall transcends, but it is far from cold. Midas is the one who helped me escape. I have regained much of my strength, but it has been hard getting used to things again. I have been replaced as Oracle, but I had expected as such. Avalon seems a capable mare, if perhaps a bit brash. I do not question the Sun God's resolve, however. He demoted me as he saw fit, and I have no reason to argue. I am just tired, my love. Tired of living, I suppose; tired of waking up each morning as the pearl gray blush of dawn breaks across the darkened sky and not seeing your face. I awaken each morning at the time you used to greet the sun, resuming your daily duties as the Tuuli's general, and I am left with a gaping emptiness in my heart. Your absence is felt everywhere.

Everything reminds me of you.

Sometimes I wish I felt nothing; it would be easier that way, easier to cope, but this pain is what reminds me that I am alive; I live, and yet the Gods deemed you should, no longer. I can't help but feel anger. I am angry that I feel so lost without you, mostly at the Gods. It hurts to remember, but how can I possibly forget? You, my love, are unforgettable - and why would I want to? It is not you that I wish not to remember, it is the pain. It seems the two of you have become synonymous as of late. I hope never to forget what you have given me. I just wish it wasn't so painful sometimes.

Sincerely yours,

Cassiopeia

Messages In This Thread
Memories have left you broken [Kri] - by Cassiopeia - 05-23-2013, 10:53 AM
RE: Memories have left you broken [Kri] - by Kri - 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: Memories have left you broken [Kri] - by Kri - 07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Memories have left you broken [Kri] - by Kri - 07-18-2013, 05:51 PM