the Rift

[OPEN] from the embers, smoke does rise

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

tell me that you want to dance, want to feel your pulse on mine
just treat me like a stolen glance of yourself.

Illynx had to reassure herself that she was seeing correctly; was that a soft understanding, an acceptance of failures, writ ever so carefully across Pysche's face? Her eyebrows creased slightly as she wondered just how much both of them had changed in their outside endeavors, despite the fact that they remained physically the same as they had always been. She knew everything there was to know about her own inward adjustments, but Illynx had not been born with telepathy, however alluring the prospect of peering into other's minds was to her; but she found that the more she imagined cracking the code into Psyche's metaphorical safe of thoughts, the more uncomfortable she became. It seemed almost too personal to know everything that went on inside another's head, especially when some of those thoughts could pertain to her own failures. What was even worse than that was when she thought of her own brain being invaded by an outsider - how very unsettling.

But there was little time to dwell on random could be's when there were things happening in the present of much more importance. Her ears pulled forward and she listened to the words of her white trimmed Lady with a keen interest, finding that she was both deeply allured and disgusted by the concept of duplicates running rampant through the wilds. "...others say they were spirited here by an unfortunately unskilled magician," said Psyche, her following words making the golden female giggle despite the serious topic, knowing full and well the strange conclusions outsiders drew from the even stranger occurrences within Helovia. Her girlish chortle was cut short, however, by the affirmation that there were no actual truths to be told about the mimics other than that they simply were. Her mouth became a tight and serious line, golden orbs darkening as she pondered the concept of a rift allowing another dimension to slide into theirs. It seemed possible, even more so considering the sheer power of Time itself; this very cave was living proof, slowly eroded by water over countless years. But, just as the comparison of stone wearing away, time could not cause changes alone - it required another, outside force. She wondered if this was the case with the rifts, making the possibility of a magician likely after all.

She kept her musings to herself for the time being, listening to the continuance of Psyche's detail of affairs. A smirk found itself upon her features as her friend and leader told of her victory over the outsider, dark and reveling. It was to be expected that others were catching on - she herself may be partially to blame, making no secret of her distaste of the other species when it was brought up in conversation or she was, Goddess forbid, forced to deal with one of the beasties, and she figured that many of her peers were much as she was.

"As for these doppelganger rumors... well, I should like to find one myself, but I have had no luck. Perhaps you will prove luckier than I," her smirk softened into a genuine smile at this, the words themselves stoking the pride she already felt of herself and further kindling the affection she had for Psyche as well as bringing to mind another curious prospect about the mirror folk - could they be captured or killed? "I would like to know if they could at least have an end brought to them, if not killed, at least examined to discover why they are here," she trailed off slightly at the end, wondering who exactly their best physician was at this point in time, and finding she did not know. Perhaps Psyche didn't, either, as they both had been out of the loop for a while. "I am sure that somewhere in Helovia there is some one suited for such science, but I am afraid I am only a warrior, not a scholar."

It seemed that the black temptress now was lost in her own thoughts for a moment, and Illynx gave her silence, watching comfortably with a rear hoof balanced on it's point. The Dark Empress seemed to be looking over her old friend, a sensation that Illynx found to be mildly anxiety inducing but also pleasurable, as she seemed to be approved of. Abruptly, Psyche broke her silence and the slight tension that had begun to build within the golden detailed mare, drawing not only a smile to the features of the pretty seal brown lady but also a shimmering future into mind. "But of course, darling, how can I refuse a position in which my talents would be so aptly used?"

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 05-23-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 05-23-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 05-24-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 06-06-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 06-07-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 06-07-2013, 02:34 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 06-10-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 06-12-2013, 12:14 AM