the Rift

A Buzz, Hot, and Muddy.

Iphiclus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A crack of lightning lit up the sky. Trees bent over in his vision. A dangerous boom followed soon after. Old wet leaves squished beneath his feet. The steady wind turns into a strong gust that almost knocks the Pegasus over. To steady himself, he unfolds his wings, just enough for the wind to push them out and lifting him into the air. He is pushed past the trees and flies higher above, higher and higher he goes; the gust steadily pushing. A bright flash lights up the sky. I have to get down! Water droplets beat against his skin. He struggles in the wind, trying to get out and land. The air channel holds him in place, making him unmovable. A bright white light blinds him and a jolt runs through his body. Then the darkness sets in.
. . .
I woke up on the ground, half of my body covered in mud and a buzz throughout my whole body. Ouch! I realize my whole body is burning. I peel open my eyes to see red. It looked like the whole forest was covered in a red film. I see my shadow and turn around to see the red sun peeking through the dead trees. My red coat almost blends in with the sun. The flecks of gold in my wings shimmers. My mane and tail are frizzier than normal. My wings aching, I stand up and wobble a little. I attempt to make a step but my leg folds under me. I remember the buzz going through my body. It started from the tip of my wing and stretching throughout my whole body finding every ending point. I get up again. This time I make a successful step. Then another. And another. They aren’t pretty steps but they’ll do.

I hobble through the forest, stumbling and falling again, and again. I even have to make detours around a fallen log because my leg couldn't be lifted up that high. I try to stretch out my wings but they screamed in pain. As I was walking I saw my gold swirls shimmer up my leg. I look up and notice something else shimmering, but this was different; a white shimmer. I pick up my pace. I stumble even more, I almost fall. But as I reach the light, I realize its water! A small pool the rain last night had made! How lucky can I get? I slide into the little pond, my legs gliding easily through the water. The buzz dies down and the heat goes away. I sigh in relief…

The mud slides off me. Not worrying about the mud, I try to sort through my memories searching for some explanation. The only thing that comes to mind is white light. White light. "Hmm.." I mumble out loud. I dip my head in the water. The memories flood back. The wind, high above the trees, the white light! I gasp, still under the water. I resurface caughing and sputtering. My legs dragging me out of the water, and I lie there on the wet muddy leaves, dirtying my coat again. The heat returns, and the buzz escalates.

Messages In This Thread
A Buzz, Hot, and Muddy. - by Iphiclus - 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: A Buzz, Hot, and Muddy. - by Romani - 05-27-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: A Buzz, Hot, and Muddy. - by Iphiclus - 06-04-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: A Buzz, Hot, and Muddy. - by Romani - 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM