the Rift

A beast of a burden

Lyander Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I believed in your confusion

Lyander could say with certainty that he was enjoying this mysterious young mare’s company. She wasn’t at all like anyone from the lands of his birth, for one she hadn’t sought to skewer him with her horn and ask questions later. Such civility was to be commended, the sheer lack of it in the world made it a near precious commodity. As she told him about the star gazing, Lyander smiled deeply, this was wonderful and pleased him immensely. As told him of the borealis, something had never seen his lilac eyes gleamed with youthful exuberance. How amazing did that sound? “I should love to see this borealis.” his leonine tail giving a quick twitch of excitement.

In all honesty, the black stallion was thankful that she had allowed him to ramble on, he had a tendency to do that especially when he had been denied the art of conversation for so long. He gave her a small dip of his head his eyes lowering apologetically for his ramble. Greatness if often a guise for slavery Lyander nodded his understanding of these words. “No truer words can be spoken for that. The great can only become so large before the cracks and fissures appear and they, in the end, inevitably crumble.”

As she was reluctant to give her name, Lyander was quite confused as to why, and why she should ever want him to give her a name. Oh, he believed himself terrible at naming. He looked to this young mare with renewed interest. Such a mystery! Although he didn’t question her actions further. Who wanted to just be given the answers when it was much more fun to work them out for yourself although it was hardly fair to compare another being to a game. This mare was anything but that although Lyander couldn’t deny the mystery was appealing.

“Hm, Let’s see.” He said, his lavender eyes narrowing as he walked from left to right in front of her, inspecting her at one angle and then the next as if this somehow this should spark something ingenious in him and he could muster something fitting. “Well I could always call you something as uninteresting as Mare.” He grinned, “But where is the fun in that.” He mused, making another pass before he seemed to come to a conclusion. “Hmmm. Very well, I’ve come to a decision. I shall call you Asteria. She was a goddess of the night and of stars, namely falling stars.” Lyander didn’t mention she was also an incredibly sad goddess who mourned each and every star that fell because that most brilliant journey they would take , streaking across the sky, was their very last for they were dying and falling to earth in a most spectacular display. Then he seemed to rethink his decision, how silly was he? In the end, he opted for something more practical. What do the others call you?” He asked.

As she seemed ready to begin to the trek to his new home, Lyander obliged, by moving to her flank signifying he was ready to follow if she were ready to lead. The excitement of the unknown knotted in his stomach and made his skin twitch but he never voiced any of this merely prepared himself for the journey, although he was thankful he wasn’t taking this alone although the dark never bothered him, that was a second home and those odd colored eyes of his allowed him to see perfectly in the dark. “Then let us make our way.”

you were so completely torn

Messages In This Thread
A beast of a burden - by Lyander - 05-26-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: A beast of a burden - by Huyana - 05-26-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: A beast of a burden - by Lyander - 05-26-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: A beast of a burden - by Huyana - 05-27-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: A beast of a burden - by Lyander - 05-27-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: A beast of a burden - by Huyana - 05-28-2013, 08:59 AM
RE: A beast of a burden - by Lyander - 05-29-2013, 07:01 AM