the Rift

[OPEN] Aftermath [Mirage or Thor | Joining]

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're only North Star I would follow this far...

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

Tharos paused at her response, looking down as he thought about how much he wanted to tell her. He could tell her everything, but what fun was that? How could he be sure her view of him wouldn't take a nose dive when she found out who he was? At the same time, how long did he think he could hide something like that? He wasn't exactly proud of his heritage, but he didn't expect others to understand that. He also wondered if his usefulness to her only stretched as far as the knowledge he could give her. Would she discard him when his usefulness ran it's course?

With a snort, the draft mutt brought himself back to the present and looked up to meet Mirage's gaze again. On the realization that he could not hide his heritage from her forever and if he tried to, he'd get in big trouble for doing so, the stallion had made his decision to tell her most of the important facts. "I know him better than anyone else in this land. I know how he thinks, what he's probably planning to do, and more importantly what he is and where he came from. I know all of this because we came from the same place and..." Tharos paused to take a breath and brace himself for the punchline.

"... Because he's my father." Tharos spat the words out like they were poison on his tongue and flattened his ears against his skull. "I was born into the herd that Tio controlled once upon a time. My early life was happy... ish. My mother was a gypsy who knew herbs and worked as Tio's best friend, and lead mare. The island we came from was torn apart by a war among the gods. I was being groomed to be Tio's lieutenant, because I was the oldest of his foals. However, our herdland was attacked, the herd was disbanded, and Tio was disgraced. He did not have the experience or the power to lead a herd, and he abandoned us to die."

Tharos stamped a hoof in anger at the memories, his thick accent melting away the more serious he became. "That was the last time I saw him personally. I was taken in by the goddess of the space benders. She was just a filly, so it was more like the other way around, but still. I grew up on a planet far from the land and until I was kicked off by another stallion who wanted to claim it as his, I lived a life of solitude aside from a few visits by the filly goddess when we would play catch-the-star."

"When I returned to the island, my first thought was to reunite with my mother, so I garnered help in tracking her down... to find her dead. Not only that, but there were no scents of my father anywhere near her, leading me to believe she had been abandoned to die alone. To make it worse, She had milkscent on her, so she had probably died foaling." Tharos snorted darkly, his rage building as he remembered the pain and grief that had struck through his mind when he'd found her.

"I am aware that it's not much to go by, but I know my father, and I know what he's like. When he gets his mind set on something, he won't let it go. No matter how long it takes, or how difficult the challenge, he will rise to meet it. He was born and raised by a mother who wanted nothing but the absolute best for her son... and she had the training regimen to make sure he knew exactly how to get it. He's a skilled manipulator, so he can garner a large following to help him. I'm surprised he hasn't succeeded already, but you can be sure that this silence from him makes him all the more dangerous. Whatever he's doing, you can be sure it bodes evil for everyone involved. The only thing I care about is bringing him to justice."

He'd actually wound up telling her more than he bargained for, but that was okay. This wasn't even the half of it.

Mirage, played by Whit
Open?

Messages In This Thread
Aftermath [Mirage or Thor | Joining] - by Tharos - 05-27-2013, 12:05 AM
RE: Aftermath [Mirage or Thor | Joining] - by Tharos - 05-27-2013, 11:39 PM