the Rift

[OPEN] let it rain [acceptance]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I MADE A THRONE FOR HOPE TO SIT.</style>

I hate the rain.

Memories of the rain, for me, are not entirely great. For one, there was the cataclysmic storm of Isilme which began with water falling from the sky and ended with red boulders of my former home. I still remember the massive storm clouds and waves of power which sent the Cliffs toppling. Then, even here in Helovia, I have had a run in with a bad mess of storms. One such rainy day, not long after Leander the Loser had tried to whisk away herdmates from under my nose, Svetlana the Idiot fell from a raincloud challenging me for my position.

Deep seated in my heart, I had a deep hatred for rainstorms. They may cool the heat of the desert, but they spurn a new one in my chest. Even now, if the annoyance of my spirit could be reflected physically, I would evaporate the drops that dare to cling to my wings - the final annoyance.

Like useless, sogging rags my chocolate wings rest on my back, which is also damp underneath. A disgruntled face is what greets my General and some unknown character, who I look at with less than enthused, dark eyes. My gaze rolls over to the tobiano, ears catching his words over the falling nuisance. "Hello, Midas," I say, my voice dry but civil, turning my look back toward the darker colored stallion. "And company."

Well, no one ever said that I had to be welcoming or nice.

image by mandj98 @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
let it rain [acceptance] - by Ghayth - 05-27-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: let it rain [acceptance] - by Midas - 06-07-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: let it rain [acceptance] - by Kri - 06-20-2013, 04:09 PM