the Rift

[OPEN] No turning back {Joining}
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

I saw him from a distance, a showy auburn figure against the backdrop of distant peaks with their rolling meadows, and ancient forests. He had traveled from the wildlands I supposed, and it was no guessing as to his purpose; the bugle of that trumpet was enough to verify that we possibly had a new brother at our doorstep. Well…it would be rude to keep the man waiting. Shifting my feet along the trail I trotted down the sandline to meet this newcomer for myself; after all, it wasn’t like I had been doing anything of great importance at this moment in time.

Ivory feathers are hanging loosely against my sides like weapons relaxing across a gunslingers belt. They warm the flesh that is mushed underneath, Orangemoon gave at least a little relief from the usual blistering heat. Our nights were getting cooler though, and it wouldn’t be long before the first hints of Frostfall was nipping at the heels of everyone.

Soon enough the distance between me and this stranger closes—a smile creases my face apart, it’s a beam of genuine welcome. Words that flow next are equally genuine and laced with a layer of kindness, “Hail brother, and welcome to Dragon’s Throat.” More than a few paces away I pause, extending my muzzle to greet him in the traditional way of exchanging information. The next breath isn’t rushed and comes out of my mouth in a lull, “How may I be of service?” Patiently I wait for his response, though the answer that would come was anticipated with knowing.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
No turning back {Joining} - by Pheonix - 05-28-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: No turning back {Joining} - by Midas - 06-07-2013, 08:49 PM