the Rift

Take me home, maybe?

Katria Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“Mom! Mom, where are you?!” My voice called out. Rain pattered down on my black base as I galloped as fast as I could to find my mom. She left me! Just like my dad did when I was just born. I mean, I know I’m ugly, but why did she have to leave me? Even though my mom gave me a scar and called me ugly and called me worthless did not mean that I didn't love her. I know that she loved me too, somewhere in her dark heart.

Tears were pouring down from my black eyes as I scanned the deep forest. Lightning flashed in the distance as I whinnied out to my mom. Thunder rumbled, wiping out the sound of my shrilling whinny. Even though my whole body was drenched, my throat went dry. It cracked as I tried to call out to her again. My iron hooves struck the soggy ground, making dirt and mud fly onto my soft delicate body. Suddenly, I stopped. I realized that my mom had left me for a reason. Tears still streamed down my face as I began to figure out why she left me, alone in this cold and horrid world. I really was just a bother to the world. I did not belong here. I was ugly and worthless.

My frame stiffened as stopped in my tracks and silently cried. Just like my dad, my mom did not care about me. I was barely weaned and I ached to smell and taste the warm milk of my mother. How I wished I could hear her words, whether they were scolding or kind. I longed to feel her gentle lips touch my head and whisper to me, ‘I love you.’ That was rare when she did do that though. But on an occasion was better than never.

I could not get control of myself. The taste of salty drops mixed with the fresh water from the sky slowly advanced to my mouth. My eyes were wide with fear, my white pupils dilated. My silver and gold flecks looked dull in the grim fog and nimbus sky. I squinted, trying to look through the fog for my mom. Though I knew it was useless, I still tried.

Messages In This Thread
Take me home, maybe? - by Katria - 05-28-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Slaiter - 05-30-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Slaiter - 06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Katria - 06-07-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Lakota - 06-10-2013, 02:37 AM
RE: Take me home, maybe? - by Katria - 06-14-2013, 03:29 PM