the Rift

[OPEN] Come Out and Play

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not.
It's just the beginning.
KANTI
It was a quiet day, and for me, I was quite tired. I was dreaming again, and there was something so worrying about my dreams that is kept me up all night now. I could never remember what they were about, but I knew that is was something that I didn't like, and the thoughts always escaped me when I awoken, and Kyan too could never remember. He had the same dream, yet neither of us could remember. It was so strange, and it terrified me more than the dream itself. What was it that I was so afraid of that I couldn't remember it? But now because of my lack of sleep at night, I often took to dozing during the day. Catalina is not hyper by any means, but is much more restless then I am. I suppose it comes with being young, but truthfully, I am still plenty young, am I not? I feel the responsibility of her rest on my shoulders. It is not a completely bad feeling, and I know I wouldn't want it any other way. My child, my daughter, was everything to me, the whole wide world. I wanted to see her do nothing but be happy and grow up to know the good in the world, to be able to judge correctly and perhaps even have foal or two of her own. I want all of her dreams and hopes to come true, every single one of them. Nothing more I wish of my child is for her to know nothing of the pain and suffering of the world, though every parent wishes this. She sighs as she tries to properly watch her child as she stretches out on to the beach. Her blue eyes are shining with excitement, and I follow her as she travels up to the cliffs above our makeshift home.

She calls to me as I walk in a stupor, telling me she is going to play. I smile at her. She is so simple, so elegant and makes my heart warm with even the quiver of her voice. She kisses me before she leaves, and I nuzzle her in return, lips pressed on her forehead. I offer words of caution before she leaves, but I know that they are in vain. My daughter is too much like me.

"Cat, be careful, will you? Don't stray too far."

She is adventurous, restless if you will. I was like her at this age, always exploring and going on adventures. I was a dreamer, and I would sometimes just stare at the sky and daydream I was flying, seeing everything there was to in the world. My parents were simple and didn't care for such things, but they didn't discourage it either. They let me dream, and I will always be grateful for that. Without my dreams, I wouldn't have had such a beautiful daughter. Now I lay, telling Kyan I must rest, and since he has slept better than me, I give him the command to watch Catalina, from a distance of course. A mother must have her secrets, and I can certainly be secretive of keeping a good eye on her. He is a good watch kangaroo, and I know he will protect Cat while I doze for a while. I watch him attach to a tree above me before I lay my head down and close my eyes. I immediately start to sleep, and I feel more comfortable, and I don't dream. I sleep solidly, that is, until I am shaken awake. Kyan tries to pull me away from my lying position, and I shake myself awake.

Kyan, what's wrong?

He looks at me with eyes of worry, and gives me a picture of Cat, looking as she was before she went playing, then he points to the open field. I'm confused only for a moment, then I understand; my daughter is gone.

My eyes narrow, and I know that my daughter has disobeyed me. My first reaction is to be cross with her, but I know that I shouldn't. She's adventurous remember? I sigh as I get up, stretching and popping some bones. "Well, let's go get her then. She shouldn't be out so far on her own. You take the trees, and I'll take the ground."

We move as a team, scouting for signs of her. Kyan is the first to find something. Footprints lead us up a hill, and I can tell that she has made sure that I know where to find her. I laugh, and I know that she is indeed not trying to hide that she is adventurous. But as much as I love her, I am worried, and I quicken my pace so that I may find her. The scent of her is everywhere on the trail she took, and she was smart to leave such a path for me. I smile once again, and I find myself being less upset to becoming more proud that my daughter is so smart. However, there is something wrong, and her and Kyan both know it. There is a border here, that which leads into the World's Edge. Has she perhaps gone across the border line? This was dangerous now, as they were outcasts, and she didn't want to be rude. Some horses didn't take kindly to such actions, and she was back to being worried. As she approached the border, the smell of Catalina being ahead was apparent. Another sigh escapes my lips, and there is no one around me, and I quickly jump over the border, my hooves sinking into the soft soil of the Edge. I have never been in this herd land, and I know that this is not the way I would have liked to come here, but I must find her.

Kyan's keen eyes find her playing in the grass, and I know exactly where to appear so that she doesn't see me right away. I approach her, standing behind her. If she doesn't hear me before, she definitely will now. I nip at her rump, giving her a little pinch with my front teeth. My face is weary, and I am back to being a bit cross.

"Catalina, what are you doing! Do you realize that we're in the World's Edge now? If we get caught here we could be in serious trouble...we tresspased in a herd land, and some horses don't like that. Oh honey, I know you wanted some other place to play, but we don't live here, at least right now. I was thinking of coming here soon to talk to someone about joining, but I didn't want it to be like this."

There was a look on her face as if she had been looking for someone, and I cocked my head, curious to find out who she was looking for.

"Cat, where you looking for someone? Who?"

Speaking | Thinking | Doing

Notes;;
Words;;
Tag;;

Messages In This Thread
Come Out and Play - by Catalina - 05-28-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Come Out and Play - by Kanti - 05-31-2013, 03:45 AM
RE: Come Out and Play - by Hellena - 06-04-2013, 02:24 AM
RE: Come Out and Play - by Official - 06-04-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Come Out and Play - by Catalina - 06-08-2013, 04:04 AM