the Rift

[OPEN] Come Out and Play

Catalina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

C a t a l i n a

Your going your own way
Walking with your own sway

"Catalina, what are you doing!” The voice peeled through the languid mist, and a warning nip caused the young dreamer to jolt with surprise. The alarm strangling Kanti’s normally gentle, warm tone caused Cat to swing around in an instant, her bright blue eyes wide and clouding with confusion. It was the child’s first true dabbling experience through herd territories- she was unfamiliar with set boundaries and the like, and the next few moments would undoubtedly bring about a turn of important lessons. Listening intently to the grave concern spilling from her sensible mother’s frowning lips, the filly’s ears flicked warily and she hesitated, trapped in wistful remorse before responding.

Oh Mother... I...” She began to explain, mortified that her adventure had wronged the good intentions already in plan. She lowered her face grimly, and even Kyan’s small hunched posture seemed cross, propped beside his upset bonded. Cat sighed before meeting her Mother’s waiting, questioning stare. Fittingly, the mist gathered about her ankles, thickening and climbing hungrily up the flinching length of each slender limb. The filly didn’t seem to notice though; her obedient attention was entirely focused towards Kanti. “It was silly to think...” She began again humbly, her voice slipping guiltily across her immature tongue, but the moment of loitering was interrupted by the sudden approach of a stranger.

"What are you doing here?" The horned mare asked them; simply. Cat turned, her expression folding into nervous indecision. She did not look to her Mother to salvage the unfortunate situation, nor did her expanding gaze plead clemency- her transgression was clear, and she had crossed the threshold between right and wrong. Kanti had taught her daughter well the art of good manners, and drawing now subconsciously on those ingrained skills, she stepped forward, small cupped ears reclining to lay loosely across the lazy tumble of mane behind her poll- an act of natural submission. She lowered her head passively and began to speak with eloquence beyond the few months of her age, though with no want to impress.

I am Cat, and I strayed too far from home. It was silly and I understand the error of my ways now. I am very sorry, I will not trespass again.” The filly nodded, stiffening her lips sternly, regretting fully her foolishness. “This is my Mother- and Kyan” Cat glanced towards Kanti, a loving smile softening the formality which had hardened her feminine, pretty face; then before returning her eyes to their company, she skimmed over the small tree kangaroo thoughtfully. Without delay she addressed the stranger’s question, tilting her face to the left so as not to present as self-important. Considering it wise, she did not fluff her explanation with excess garble. “I was looking for the edge of the world; to find Aaron.” Her eyes did not sway. “Mother said he lives there and I was wondering if he might want to come out to play...” She smiled meekly, though it was fleeting and as a second thought, hoping it might be of some benefit, she hastily added, “I have known him since I was a little girl...

"Thinking Speaking Acting"

i wake up in the darkest night
watch you breath in shadow light

Note: ...

Messages In This Thread
Come Out and Play - by Catalina - 05-28-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Come Out and Play - by Kanti - 05-31-2013, 03:45 AM
RE: Come Out and Play - by Hellena - 06-04-2013, 02:24 AM
RE: Come Out and Play - by Official - 06-04-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Come Out and Play - by Catalina - 06-08-2013, 04:04 AM