the Rift

My Own Pursuer ~ [Closed]

Lev Fence Posts: 26
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 41 months
Adoptable

The assassin's rude manner was not lost on Lev—he saw the look of what appeared to be disdain when he arrived, but he chose proudly to ignore it. He focused instead on the peculiar mare, who seemed rather nervous as her company doubled. Politely he backed away as she spoke, questioningly, of a home, and then lifted herself to leave. It was strange, he thought, how she ran from them as if they were a threat. But he recognized her timidity in himself. He, too, knew fear. He only hoped he could let her know in some kind way that he need not be the source of hers.

When she bolted off he followed at a slow and easy trot, not wanting to crowd her but still trying not to lose her in the threshold wood. When he caught up to her again she was not alone; Accalia had been more eager than he in her ill-mannered, hasty sort of way, and it seemed a pegasus, smelling of the World's Edge and giving off waves of authority, had joined them as well. Fence was aware that this was a recruitment battle in the making, but he wanted no part in it. He would keep himself clean, and with any luck, keep the mud-flinging from staining the newcomer mare's innocent coat as well.

"I am sorry, miss, I didn't mean to overwhelm you," he called, still keeping himself at a safe distance. Here, the shadow of the canopy put him in a state of faint uneasiness, but he limited the nervous display to a shuffling of his front hooves. Though he frowned at the dirt they kicked up, the calming effect of the motion was undeniable; he would have been a fool to take from himself such a strange panacea. With ears cocked forward and a slowing motion of his body as he found himself more soothed, he listened to each word the mare said to the other. So she fancied the forests, then? The foothills would suit her well, he thought to himself.

His eyes lit up and he let his lips part again to speak. "Perhaps a home can be found beneath the boughs of every tree, but a family cannot. If you wish to follow me to the lush herdland where I was welcomed when lost, then I can introduce you to my fellows of The Grey," he spoke, sounding confident and clear. "In no way would your life be restricted- you would be free to wander, but would always know that there was a safe forest home and dedicated family ever by your side in a time of need." His blue gaze was gentle, his tone kind and carrying a persuasive lilt. This was not about building strength in numbers for him, as he sensed it perhaps was for the Assassins mare, it was about genuinely wishing to keep the forest-mare safe. Fence knew the dangers of a life lived alone, and he wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

[[Friendly rule reminder to keep things clean/organized:
✗- Respect the posting order of a thread unless the original poster has requested otherwise. I.e. Member A posts, Member B posts, Member C posts, and continuing in this order, not having Member B post every time someone else has. If a new member joins the thread, the cycle includes them.
✗- Posting order can be broken and someone skipped if more than 48 hours have passed waiting for a reply. This applies to all IC boards unless the thread is time sensitive - in which case, all members need to be made aware of the change. ]]

Lev Fence
I'm not their hero but that doesn't mean that I wasn't brave
</style>
Credit

Messages In This Thread
My Own Pursuer ~ [Closed] - by Luneia - 05-30-2013, 06:01 AM
RE: My Own Pursuer ~ [Open] - by Accalia - 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: My Own Pursuer ~ [Open] - by Lev Fence - 05-30-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: My Own Pursuer ~ [Open] - by Luneia - 05-30-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: My Own Pursuer ~ [Open] - by Thor - 05-31-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: My Own Pursuer ~ [Open] - by Luneia - 05-31-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: My Own Pursuer ~ [Open] - by Accalia - 05-31-2013, 12:43 PM