the Rift

[OPEN] lend me strength and courage

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was growing slowly, the fluff on my wings beginning to drop, slowly being replaced by feathers. And my hair was growing longer, although by only a small bit. I'm still unable to fly, but I can glide for a short few seconds. Today, while the sun was still below the horizon, I had slipped away from daddy and the others. I was still a little unsure about the colt, Caenan. He was Cosette's real child, unlike me, who just needed a mare to nurse from, seeing as how my mom died. Because of you, a voice somewhere deep within my head spat. My little ears flicked back, and I gazed farther down the shore. I adjusted my pace so I began to canter, flinging sand in all directions.

Within a few minutes I had reached my little rocky shelf that stood around seven or eight feet in height with a four foot overhang. The cave itself was around twelve feet in diameter. There were little rock shelves that I placed multiple trinkets upon. In the very beck there was a small pillow that had my doll propped on top of it. I walked inside, my head outstretched. Mother's feathers brushes against my neck as I reached out for my doll. My velveteen nose bumped against her face and I smiled. Reassured that she was okay, I moved back out of the cave. I trotted up a small slope so that I stood on top of the rocky shelf and spread my wings. They were small and thin, sitting upon my withers kind of awkwardly. My wings resembled those of a seagull, small, lithe, good for gliding over water. Staring off at the sea, I back up by a few steps before lunging forward, mustering all my strength. I throw myself off of the ledge, spreading my wings as far as I could. A gust of salty air blew me back, and I angle my wings. It was only a few seconds that I was aloft, but it felt like ages. My small and weak muscles began to grow tired, and I drifted towards the sea. The waves caught me, wrapping tightly around me. Pushing with my legs, I swam only a foot or two before I found the sandy ground.

I reached the shore, excited. I stretched my wings, flapping them, acting as though I was really flying. Another breeze blew sand into my face. Snorting to keep the sand from entering my lungs, I turn away and take shelter in the rocky shelf. I let my thoughts drift to the newest pirate member, Caenan. I could still remember my breakdown upon seeing his birth. The memory still hung around like dew hangs to the grass, making it glimmer and bend.

I was still unsure of him, for I barely talked to him. In fact, I barely even saw him. It was only during my feedings that I saw him. For we did share the same food source, Cosette. As soon as I was full I would always hurry away to practice my flying or swimming. Usually flying though, for if I didn't practice my flight skills I would just be an equine with useless, weak wings hanging from my sides. At least, that's what I think I'd become.

By now the sun was beginning to raise into the sky, making the water glimmer beautiful yellows, blues, purples, oranges and pinks. The sun itself was a giant glowing ball of heat. I watch the sky's reflection dance on the waves before heading back to the top of the rock shelf to practice my gliding.

It was probably my fourth time today launching myself into the air, spreading my wings and soaring. But this time, I drifted longer. I began to tilt my right wing, trying to curve back around. But much to my dismay, I lost my balance and plummeted into the waves. A wave caught me like a soft hand, pulling my into the water before letting me go afloat. I lay my wings out so that they lay above the water and paddle my way back to shore.

"Talk talk talk."

[[Sorry this is so long and rambly... ^^;]]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
lend me strength and courage - by Amara - 05-30-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: lend me strength and courage - by Selene - 06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: lend me strength and courage - by Selene - 06-11-2013, 05:05 PM