the Rift

[OPEN] lend me strength and courage

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was just beginning to swim back to shore when I spotted another horse. A pegasus. She had a chestnut coat and large black wings, and she was huge compared to me, a small foal. I gazed in awe at her wings, monstrous compared to my miniature wings. I felt as though my jaw was to drop soon, for I was in awe.

She told me wet wings didn't do so well with flying, and I just smiled. I suppose it was true, but seagulls had sleek wings that could easily deflect water. So hopefully, when my wings grew actual feathers, I would be able to splash into the water and fly away with sodden wings without any worry. Of course, this was still far off in the distance, seeing as how I was only a few months. The mare asked where mommy and daddy were, and I formed my words. "Daddeeee. Wifth... perates." I found it hard to speak, because I was still so young. And trying to pronounce the words was also difficult. "Ayeeee. Take. Yooo. Toooo. Mommeeeeee." I smiled, turning around and bounding forward, my eyes set on the ground. I hoped the mare was following, so I could point mommy out to her.

I led the mare to mommy. The sand was still a faded pink, from that day. Mommy lay there, her wings gone, her rib bones caved in. A few of her teeth had fallen into the sand. Mommy's mane was gone, and few of her feathers remained. I pointed to Mommy's skeleton and said, "Mommeeeee." I smiled slightly, hoping not to scare the mare. "Ayee. Ammmaraaa." My words seemed longer as I spoke them aloud than when I spoke them in my mind. I bore my metallic amber gaze into the mare, as though I was expecting her to turn into a water horse and join the ocean. But nothing happened.

Opening my little lips once more, I ask a question this time. "Teach. Meeee. Toooo. Flaaiii?" I tilt my head to the side, flicking my ears back and giving the mare a sweet, innocent look. The look a puppy dog would give you. I wanted to learn how to fly, how to battle another while staying aloft. I was a dreamer, who wanted to put her dreams into motion. I was desperate to learn aerial combat, although it would prove a challenge because of my smaller size. But I would also have some advantages. This was a big dream for a small foal like me, but hey, I was a big dreamer. So I needed to take the first step into reaching my dreams. I needed to learn to fly. But this first step was still a long ways away, my small, mental fingers only brushing against this 'first step'.

"Talk talk talk."

[[sorry amara's speech is weird, she's young. ^^;]]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
lend me strength and courage - by Amara - 05-30-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: lend me strength and courage - by Selene - 06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: lend me strength and courage - by Selene - 06-11-2013, 05:05 PM