the Rift

[OPEN] Siren Song of the Counter Culture

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Beneath the cover of my Mother's own precious light, we danced. Side by side we were, covering ground with lengthy strides despite our youth, twisting and turning through the trees as they became thicker and thicker. For once, my mind wasn't swamped with ill thoughts of my past nor worries when past actions would come back to haunt me. Tonight, I could embrace what innocence was left of me and be the yearling that I truly was. A great weight had been lifted from my shoulders upon entering the World's Edge and meeting up with this golden filly, who seemed so eager to become my friend. Though in all honesty, I was certain I was the most eager.

Unlike the gentle rolling hills of the Foothills, of which it was obviously named after, the World's Edge was painstakingly different. Trees littered the landscape and offered a new sight with every twist and turn taken, and I found myself growing excited to take in all that I could of my birth land. I was thankful to have Amaris at my side, who seemed to know the misty lands like she had already been here for years. Because only heavens know that I would be the fool to get turned around and lost in this otherwise unknown land.

The sound of Amaris' voice caused a twitch of my ear as I listened to her, giving a nod of my head as I carried myself into a quicker pace, eager to stay close to her as she headed towards the stream of which she spoke. When we reached it, I kept to the filly's side, admiring the gentle flowing stream that snaked throughout the land. Eventually we slowed, my draconic companion dropping her head to the ground before finally coming to a stop, to which I followed in suit.

I hummed beneath my breath as I thought, looking around our immediate vicinity. Had I been thinking, I would have asked Mother just what this flower looked like, but telling me such a thing would have only made it easier for me. Exhaling a steady breath, I stepped forward a couple paces, looking to the left, right, down, up; wherever a flower might be growing, but nothing seemed to jump out and scream at me. "I don't know what they look like," I admitted with a brief frown, "But I bet their scent is exquisite, just like the Moon." For a moment I grew quiet, pondering the possible location of such a flower before something came to mind.

"What about within the trees?" I questioned, gauging the champagne's reaction to see what she might think of the idea, "I mean... Up there, they could get all the moonlight that they wanted." With that, I pulled my wings from their warm place at my sides, stretching them out yet reamaining on the ground still. Looking at Amaris with a gentle smile pulling at my features, I spoke. "Would you like to join me in finding out?"

"Speak."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 05-31-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-07-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Amaris - 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Siren Song of the Counter Culture - by Mesec - 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM