the Rift

[o] Come Away to the Water

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

Newly invigorated by the recent meeting of my herd mates, I had set off the following day to the place where every member of Helovia had wandered at least once; the Threshold. It had been some time since my last visit here, and I couldn't help but mentally beat myself up for it. I supposed I had been more busied with coming up with tasks for my Protectors to do in order to better themselves, as well as myself. Today was different, however, and as I set away from my misty home, I could tell that Suli was simply excited to be going somewhere new.

As I walked, the little dragoness would occasionally leap from her perch on my poll and explore the low hanging branches. Since her hatching, the little green had developed her ability to fly greatly, but no matter the fact she had yet to wander terribly far from me. Although we had yet to truly get to know one another, she was my daily comfort, my constant reminder that I wasn't alone in the wake of Tor's second disappearance. As of late, I had been a wreck to think that she might have truly left for good this time, but Suli was always there to try her best at reassuring me. I was forever in her debt.

Up ahead, a voice sounds and catches in my ears, causing me to pause in my step for a moment. Suli had heard it as well, for she stopped midstep in the branches and lifted her head, straining to see just who was up ahead. But when she couldn't pick their form out, she looked briefly to me before going on, leaping into the air and gliding to the next available branch. With a low chuckle, I followed her lead and went deeper into the forest, and it was not long until my bist gaze fell on the forms of not one, but two equines.

Each were a stark contrast to one another; the darker mare, black as the very night that fell across the land, had something about her that I couldn't quite place. She seemed almost... melancholy, but what for? It was a gorgeous morning, and I frowned at the thought of this stranger's despondence. On the other hand, the other mare was almost a snow white, slender yet baring the traditional feathering of a draft on her feet like myself. She announced herself as Accalia, and she was from... Oh, no.

I recalled the failed attempt from the Assassin's when they had tried to breach my home and place spying eyes within it. Luckily, I had come in the nick of time and the young Assassin and her so-called 'mother', had quickly been ordered away. If they were still a true group, obviously having grown in numbers, I would make certain to report so to lady Mirage.

With a deep exhale, I kept myself from snapping at the pale mare and instead spoke up to give my own greeting. The mare's first experience of Helovia did not need to be a bickerment that didn't involve her. "Madam," I said, dipping my head respectfully to the ebony mare and hoping she wouldn't feel overwhelmed by not one, but three standing before her. "I am Destrier, Wingleader of the World's Edge; and my little friend is Suli. If it is a home you desire, I would be happy to show you there, or perhaps one of the other herds. The Edge will provide shelter for you in the coming cold months."

Perched on a branch hanging lowly and near my head, Suli's purple gaze kept upon the ebonite mare, and her head tipped curiously to the side as we exchanged our words. At the end of the day, would there be another calling the World's Edge home?

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
[o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-01-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 04:57 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-02-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-02-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-03-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-07-2013, 06:57 PM