the Rift

[o] Come Away to the Water

Ravahna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
  • A change in the direction of the frosty breeze brought the mare two separate scents. The first was a mare, the second an older stallion. Turning her head carefully, she peered through the forest, trying to match the scent with a figure. It was only seconds before an ivory fae appeared. She looked the mare up and down, searching for a flaw, something that could title her as an offender to her safety. So far nothing.

When the silence was finally broken she stood stock-still. It wasn't something she was used to, seeing another equine that is. She hadn't seen one in years and now she was throwing herself into what seemed to be a sea of monsters. She nodded at first and then she spoke, a harsh yet very soft voice spilled from her throat.
    "Assassins you say? You don't look like much of a killer to me."
    She showed no emotions. For her this was a strategy she had mastered, one that kept her out of much trouble and out of harms way. For a moment it was quiet, then the mare spoke again. In response to the fae called Accalia she spoke.
    "I am called Ravahna. To answer your question, yes. I am seeking shelter. From this horrid weather and anything else that may threaten my well being."
    Before the mare responded Ravahna could her the distinct sound of anothers hooves. Through a blanket of snow came a large dark figure, one that mirrored her coat but not her stature. Not in the least. At first she was frightened, put off by his appearance. He seemed harsh in the way that he moved but then he spoke.

His was a thundering voice, common for an older males. Ravahna forced a smile. She felt overwhelmed by the presence of not one but two other equines. It was bittersweet, meeting her species for the first time since her father and their band. She cringed at the memories that her father had scarred her with. Ravahna forced the memories to leave her already flooded mind. It wouldn't help her to remember those things now. At the moment she would shield her emotions. She observed a small creature among the trees that seemed to be following the larger male. It was green in color and seemed to have wings, like that of a bird, but it was covered in scales like a retiple. Ravahna hadn't the slightest idea what this creature was and at the time wasn't too overly worried about it's presence. She lifted her gaze to the dark stallions frame. He was built well, feathering on his hocks, accompanied by a long flowing mane and tail. Characteristics that resembled many from her fathers band. It was almost hard to look at him for a long period of time, so she let her eyes drift to the blanket of snow behind his frame, although it still seemed as though she was making eye contact.

Emerald orbs took in the scenery as she spoke in response to her second visitor. This time her voice was low and somewhat solemn, though it wasn't all too dark.
    "A pleasure to meet you. You may call me Ravahna. What have you to offer me if I accompany you? And Accalia, what have you to offer?"
    She was cautious in her decision for a home. Most would jump at the chance for just a simple shelter but Ravahna was much more careful. She wouldn't risk her life in a second attempt to find a home. Looking from each of the equines she could sense the slightest bit of tension but it wasn't enough to worry her further. She would question the equine she left with later. Not now. Now wasn't the time to inquire about rivalries. Ravahna stood still awaiting each of their responses.

Messages In This Thread
[o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-01-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 04:57 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-02-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-02-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-03-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-07-2013, 06:57 PM