the Rift

[o] Come Away to the Water

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

Although I couldn't imagine what sort of past events the younger ebonite had experienced in her lifetime, I could tell that she was troubled by this sudden meeting, but I knew not the reasoning behind her discomfort. My heart went out to her; I could only imagine what sort of burdens some carried on their shoulders upon entering Helovia. Myself, for instance, had come with a heart full of holes and a lost sense of purpose. My best friend had perished from this world, and I hadn't known what to do to rekindle myself until I had wandered to the World's Edge.

The dark mare proclaimed herself as Ravahna, and spoke of her search for shelter. I couldn't blame her with the threat of Frostfall lingering over us; the snow was already blanketing the ground, but the season had yet to wrap its most bitterly cold fingers around Helovia. The World's Edge was unique to the rest of the lands around here, however, for it held many contained fires fueled by the breath of our Weyrleader and the many dragons residing there.

Despite Ravahna's obvious discomfort, it seemed she was able to keep her head together and spoke up, questioning myself and the Assassin mare what each of us offered. I was more than prepared to answer, but not before Accalia had opened her mouth and spoke first. She claimed that the Assassins were a strengthed family, but there could be many definitions to such a statement. Deep within my chest I found a flicker of annoyance beginning to grow, but I doused it before it could show on my external features.

Shifting my gaze from Accalia and back to Ravahna, I offered a gentle smile as I spoke fondly of my own precious homeland. "The World's Edge is a family built on loyalty and kindness. We welcome all and offer our members respect, guidance, protection, and the ability to obtain a rank of their choosing if they wish. During Frostfall, our Weyrleader and our family of dragons light fires for the members to warm themselves, and food is always plentiful even in the worst of the season."

From her perch on the branch hanging near my head, Suli had begun to bob her head as if in agreement to my statement. She was young, not having even seen an entire season of life, but already she knew these things I spoke of were true.

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
[o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-01-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 04:57 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-02-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-02-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-03-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-07-2013, 06:57 PM