the Rift

[o] Come Away to the Water

Ravahna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

| Ravahna | Mare | Six | 15.2hh | Friesian x Shagya Arab |

[blockquote]

• Ravahna shifted her gaze between each of the equines at least three times. Finally the ivory mare began to speak. It amused her somewhat, the way she spoke. In truth she rarely underestimated any creature since her father. It was something she was afraid to do, to underestimate someone or something for what they were actually capable of. She had learned the hard way, many times, that to underestimate was to put your life on the line. At this very moment she was looking out for herself, it may have seemed selfish to anyone else but to her it was normal. Being alone for almost four years had taught her to trust no one and to keep to herself. It was a way of life for her but she knew that the time would come for her to come out of the wood and explore the world around her and grow. For now she would hide her past from Helovia. She would hide everything, her past was not something that should be brought up upon a first meeting with her species. It could very well send her into another spiral. One that she hadn't experienced for almost a whole year.

Without hesitation she began to speak in response to the fae, her tone low and cautious.
    "Trust me miss Accalia. I know best of all that looks can be decieiving."
    The mare began to speak again and Ravahna listened intently, catching every word and letting her mind absorb their meanings. She would be careful with how she spoke to the residents here in Helovia until she was back on her feet again. The last thing she wanted was to make enemies on her first encounter, or her second. In fact she decided that it was best she only speak when spoken to until the forseable future. It seemed best that way, afterall one could not hate her for minding her own business.
    "I wouldn't harm a fly unless it gave me reason to. I may not seem it, but I'm somewhat civil."
    She found amusement her response and released a small bit of laughter. Her first in what seemed like forever. If it weren't for the bitter winds that nipped at her hocks she would have seemed less tense, but the cold was something she had never been used to. Where she came from the falling of winter snow was a mere childs tale. It was always hot, the sun beat down upon the earth like the thundering of her herds hooves, but now the ground was covered in a blanket of snow.
    "The pleasure is all mine, Accalia. Traveling you say? Isn't it a bother to travel year round, in both fluctuating temperatures and seasons? Or do you bed down in certain areas, areas that you call home most often I should say?"
    Ravahna was curious as to how a band of roaming equines could survive in such horrid conditions, if they did they had to have had a place here and there that they visit more than anywhere else. A place they somewhat call home. She was weary about traveling, especially in such a new place. It wouldn't be to much of her benefit if she were to by chance lose track of her band and become lost in an unknown land. Then she would be in danger.
    "A strengthened family you say? How big exactly is this...family?"
    She felt more comfortable knowing that the group the mare was speaking of might be very close knit. It was something she was definitley looking for, she wouldn't dare make the mistake of being an outcast among a group. That would only make it harder for her to ask for protection from her father and his small herd later on in the season. She saw it best to leave that part out until she was better aquainted with whoever she left the Threshold with. All she would do now was let them know protection was a large portion of her request upon entering a 'family' group. Ravahna nodded as the mare finished, now the male called Destrier began to speak.

Ravahna enjoyed listening to his voice but still she was cautious of him. She hadn't trusted a male of any species in a very long time. It was another one of her issues, one that had left a scar in her memory, and the fact that this male resembled her father frightened her. In a way though, it also made her want to leave with him. She couldn't pinpoint it but there was something about this male that made her feel safe. She still wouldn't trust him though, not for a very long time. Trust was not even in her vocabulary at this point. It was a word that only brought tears to eyes.
    "The World's Edge...I like the sound of that place. From what you say it sounds like a very stable home for a newcomer such as myself. You are of high rank there, so you must speak well of your homeland only because you know well of it, am I correct?"
    The creature that hung above the large males head seemed very enthusiastic about the conversation, as if she were apart of it as well. Almost as if she were telling her that what Destrier was saying was true. Ravahna was very interested in the reptilian-bird-like-creature. It was so strange, yet so enchanting. It was unlike any animal she had ever come across and it was obvious she was interested in some sort of interaction with the creature. She stared for a moment and laughed a bit as it bobbed it's head. It was an endearing sort of laugh, one that wasn't observed coming from her very often. After observing the creature for a moment or two she returned her attention to the two equines that stood in front of her.
[/blockquote]

Messages In This Thread
[o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-01-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 04:57 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-02-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-02-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-03-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Ravahna - 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: [o] Come Away to the Water - by Destrier - 06-07-2013, 06:57 PM