the Rift

[PRIVATE] A million pieces of me, on the floor

Abel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was the pain of this day that carried me on. I felt heavy and useless.. the time passed by slowly and seemed to never end. His smell was heavy within my tracks and I only hoped to cross him along my path. Father, oh Torasin. How could I have grown so fast without spending my childhood by your side? A question I'll never be able to answer. Perhaps I am too independent and cold to feel as if I need someone to guide me or raise me. Fine without any help at all. Maybe I would have grown a stronger stallion if I had walked by his side through it all. Seen his duties and known of the world beyond being an outsider. The tasks he carried upon to love his herd and family. Though now I fear for him.

My gut spins and I begin to trot. I can see the crowd ahead of me and his limp body upon the floor but they all seem to fade. Vision blinded soley by anger and white powder falling from the skies. Heavy hooves pounded the earth, carving between trees and bringing me to rest beside my father. Green eyes glancing to Mirage, the only mare I truly recognized and trusted in this dark time. I am quiet for sometime. Ignoring what words may fall around me. I study his face, bring myself to my knees and lay beside him. I am still a youngling, growing into my body but I can feel the muscles clench beneath me. Holding me before I hit the ground with a small thud. I reach my head out to lay across Torasin's shoulder. I fumble my mouth around his amulet, the only thing I feel I can remember him by. I slip it around towards the top of his neck and strain with all my might to pull it from around his head without disturbing the peace in which he lay. "Father," I mumble "forever in my heart I will hold you." I sigh.

For once I feel nothing. Numb to all feelings but sorrow and regret. I hold the amulet in my mouth for awhile as I rest beside him. I do not look to anyone but Mirage. The mare I hope to cherish forever for all she has done, for all and my father. Oh how upset Nym will be.... Torasin I pray to the gods you rest in peace.

[ooc- With imi's permission a child may take the amulet, in which I've done... Poor Abel, so heartbroken.]

Messages In This Thread
A million pieces of me, on the floor - by Torasin - 06-02-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: A million pieces of me, on the floor - by Abel - 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM