the Rift

[PRIVATE] A million pieces of me, on the floor

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The Deep Forest. I had heard of this place, it had been the home of the Qian for many seasons before we gathered in strength to take the land within which I was born; the World's Edge. As I wandered in the wake of the pale Sakura, I peered at my surrounds, quietly absorbing the wooded, dark atmosphere. It was similar to our home, yet very different at the same time. Mist did not linger here as if by the will of those who resided here permanently, the trees grew far taller, and had a different smell about them. It was dense here, it smelt of decay, of a great many strange creatures of which I vaguely knew the identity of, and a great many more which I did not.

I knew the smell of death. I had killed, rabbits and rats mostly, the scent of their blood sometimes excited me. But this smell did not excite me. It only caused a deep, sharp, uncomfortable pain to swell in my chest, one that I would later identify as being a heavy emotional burden. I paused my steps as Sakura surged forth, running to my mother's side, to her father's side. I looked, and Daryth crooned above me - he had not left me this entire journey - joining in the sad dragonsong that permeated the air. This is a sad time, he spoke to me with his warm, deep voice, words that I did not need to hear.

I blinked, several times, realising belatedly that this was the first time tears had ever sprung forth from my eyes. I looked past those who had gathered, wanting to fulfil that deep, morbid sense, to truly behold death in all of its devastating glory. My thin limbs pulled me forth from the shadows now, as his children gathered around him and my mother, as the dragons gathered in the sky above. I wept for the Healer who saved my mother's life the day I was born, I wept for his dragon, whose absence I could also feel, for somehow, we were related by blood. Wings tucked to my sides, tail drooping, I sought the comfort of nearness to the dark barrel of my mother, and bid our beloved Torasin a safe journey to wherever his angel's wings might carry him.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
A million pieces of me, on the floor - by Torasin - 06-02-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: A million pieces of me, on the floor - by Abel - 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: A million pieces of me, on the floor - by Amaris - 06-13-2013, 04:36 AM