the Rift

Crash Boom Bang

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan
Gradually, inch by inch the tucked away ears began to grow visible within the tufted mass of hair running down the deck. The lack of growling, snarling and attacking from the mangy wolf creature on the other side of Cirrus didn't really make her any less suspicious of it, but how would Shadow be able to hear anything the filly had to say if she kept blocking out all sound? Instead the dark lobes twitched and rolled atop of her head, warily taking in any and every sound she could hear in the surrounding area. Scents were heavy upon the wind, smells both sharp and faint that didn't tell her more than how often frequented this area was, to be able to retain trails even after snow had fallen. Were they all locals? It must be a big region she had arrived to then, if so many could come and go so freely, and not too far away judging by the look of the gray lady that strode forth to the side and slightly ahead of her. She didn't look very old at all, only two or three years younger than herself.

"What's your name?" A question broke the momentary silence and recalled the attention of the charred pigeon, who responded with little more than a quick glance and a shrug; how was that even relevant?
"Shadow" she replied quickly, about to ask the questions that burned upon her tongue once again. She didn't have to though, because soon after the fawn began to speak - each word uttered only raising another question within her bewildered mind.

It was hard to believe it. Minds twined together, some Lord or whatnot who had been handing out magic and could make it so that this person could make wounds to mend. And not to mention the supposed multitude of different races who had not only been stripped of wings but who had horns growing from their bodies... This just turned worse and worse!
For all that she tried, the rotund little mare couldn't keep the look of doubt and incredulity from showing on the face. Her silence spoke multitudes of how silly and crazy this all sounded to her, and it prolonged as the newcomer mulled over the situation, her short legs struggling to keep up with the others longer stride. Would she.. could she believe such a wild story? Was the winter-colored girl pulling one over her, just waiting to see if her tall tale would be believed only to burst out laughing? It was possible, but rhymed ill with the calm matter-of-fact way the explanations was delivered. It also didn't match with what she knew about her accident and her own current state. The wings that flapped once and folded tight against the sides should have been broken, but didn't hurt anywhere. Muscles that stretched and relaxed, steadily carrying her forward had been ripped, pounded and pierced, but the only thing she could feel was a vague ache and a stiffness that quickly was beginning to dissolve with movement.

So.. she really had been healed? The thought made her mind reel, tail snapping against the hocks as if to mark how little she liked the idea. That someone could affect her body and make it do things was frightening, impressive... A lilac eye studied the shape of the young lady, already a hand taller than herself but obviously far from her peak of strength and power, and filled with a sudden rush of respect and interest. Magic, huh. Wasn't it just amazing! Were there more magic, what could it do, how did it work? Could anyone wield it, or were the ones who could very special people? Questions burned on her tongue, fear mixed with a strong desire to know more...

Too absorbed in thoughts she at first didn't hear the offer to stay with Cirrus' herd. When the full meaning of the words finally sank in the wolf-girl was given a long, measuring look beneath half-lidded eyes, that finally ended in a quick shake of the head. "No" she replied slowly. "Thank you, but don't think I'll go. Not yet, anyway. I'll go with you. Clearly I need to see more of this Helovia, see for myself whether... Don't worry though, I won't slow you down. Treat me like a shadow if you like; that's who I am after all." And with a quick grin that flashed bright and sudden in the deepening darkness the crow fell back to let Cirrus lead the way north and away from the Threshold; only now finally noticing how the storm howled and raged around them without more effect than the odd gust that ruffled the thick pelts. Oh yes, she definitely had to see more of this intriguing pegasus; she'd follow whether the other wished for it or not, if only to find some confirmation that the information was correct.

Oh, how she wanted it to be true.

[Finished]

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
Crash Boom Bang - by Shadow - 06-02-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: Crash Boom Bang - by Accalia - 06-02-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Crash Boom Bang - by Cirrus - 06-03-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Crash Boom Bang - by Shadow - 06-03-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Crash Boom Bang - by Accalia - 06-03-2013, 01:42 PM
RE: Crash Boom Bang - by Cirrus - 06-03-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: Crash Boom Bang - by Shadow - 06-04-2013, 05:47 AM