the Rift

Falling In The Snow [Open]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

FAELENE

we are all made of blood and tears, me just more so than others
The cold had returned, but in the Aurora Basin the cold never left. It was always there, as the stone mountains, a veil hanging over them. Long had she grown use to ice, and frost. The walk across the Steppe this Frostfall was nothing compared to the miserable one she had trekked a couple times. Burned, and singed with a nasty hole ready to plague the rest of her flesh. They were merely scars now, etched across her shoulder but now covered by dark, coarse hair to protect her from this stretch of time that could be tolling on those of hotter bloods, warmer pasts.

Shake of her head, and the sun threatening to drop she found it easy letting the shadows eat her up. Bracing against the snow was familiar, and it was a lot less harsh here in the evergreen woods. The Thief found it rather pleasant really, getting to walk without an extra string of worry, getting new scents that tempted her interest.

Faelene had not left her home land in awhile, tied to Sielu and keeping a faithful, silent promise to Mauja to have the privilege of seeing one child grow. The red maned had a few tasks she needed to accomplish and she could not with a child at her side. No, she had yet to push Sielu outside of the Kingdom of Unicorns to those she did not trust any further than she could throw them. While she had not meant to wander to the Threshold, she had a sense she needed to walk again through the welcoming gate of lost and found.

Traveling under a star blanket was similar to her own arrival here, but she had made it before the storms of white. Flicking her head, if to rid of those anxious memories she continued working through the shorter lengths of the banks, at times jumping for the sake of movement. Nothing that called to her further, she thought the grounds empty. The churn of snow a muffled song of company. There was a voice, snaking its way through the timber she had not heard but it was surely that of a mare. While there was a bite, gnawing at the inside of her throat from the dropping degrees she curiously found herself straining to listen to this voice.

It did not take long for her to be displeased by the information that passed those black lips. Actually, she could feel something snap inside of her, disconnecting her again she briefly paused, letting her head dip, an eye cast to see she had not changed to scenery. Faelene was visible, and most curious if this was how the Grey did business. She was believing less and less they were neutral, especially by this unpinned tongue. Circe...how proud she was of her chosen home, and how the small flicker of heat built in the red maned's chest. Was it sad Faelene pictured balling a snowball to hit her ass, watch her turn around to see nothing? A grin that was not made of joy nor happiness slid up the side of her muzzle, it had been too long.

"Unbearable like this weather?" Alto voice broke across the space, giving her a place in front of the walking group. Faelene skittered around chest high bracken to see the trio she might fit into with her own adorned black cloak. Interest gleaming in her dark pupils, her silver irises she skimmed over their faces, feeling she had a guess about this Circe. She was not to cause trouble...at least not yet.
"Please don't let me interrupt, I'm merely stretching my legs and had to make sure I wasn't mad when I heard someone talking."

edenlore1234
[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-04-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-04-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Chemical - 06-04-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-04-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-05-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Chemical - 06-05-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Illuminati - 06-06-2013, 01:57 AM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Circe - 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: Falling In The Snow [Open] - by Faelene - 06-08-2013, 12:29 AM