the Rift

Where the Streets Have No Name [open]

Ziago Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ziago
Still just a boy, but already a man

Long at last, winged company arrived, like a rescuer in the night. Ziago puffed out a soft warm breath into the air, watching a cloud rise, and tossed a wistful smile in the new arrival's direction. She was pretty, and she was more comfortable to him as something he knew. Not that he was put off by the unwedge equines, simply less drawn to them. He didn't understand them quite so well. "The Grey sounds like the perfect place for you, if you wish to hone your fighting skills and strengthen yourself." The name was less blunt than the first group he'd been offered, a color rather than a noun. It implied fewer frightening things, a softer coat, still with the potential to be hard as steel. If they could help him hone his talent, they were the right bunch, though he still was not sure he could handle killing. It would need to be murder free for for the moment. He would not get into that sort of thing until he was sure he could strike down a foe without feeling sure of himself, and he would not bloody bodies until he had a cause he was sure was worth fighting for. Oh stop you codger, you sound as bad as a swaybacked old mare. You're not a knight, just another warrior. You'll face it sooner than you like.

"My name is Irrydae. Storyteller of the Windtossed Foothills- where everyone from The Grey has resided. It is a great land with plentiful food and a continuous flow of water.You are welcome to come back home with me, if you so wish. We would love to have you." The speech came with a smile, which Ziago returned in kind. It made a pleasant picture in his head, this Foothills, a place where he could make a life. He could be done wandering. After all, the winter was coming .Frostfall had happily declared its presence with the glorified white. He shook out his speckled wings again, before dipping his head to the mare. "Ziago, my lady Irrydae. I have wandered for quite some time to reach this place, and for all its pomp, it does not feel like home. This place you describe, your home, sounds far more welcoming than these trees. If you say I can learn more of arms and combat, as long as you too are not a hired mercenary bunch, I would be happy to travel there with you. It would be nice to belong again. "

To have a master to learn from again would be nice as well, someone who could teach him much more than he already knew. Yet, his patience for picking homes was waning. Certainly it was a critical decision, but he couldn't stand the thought of so much pressure. He wanted to be done with the matter, and to leave this place. He was surrounded by three others, each with a different option, and yet he found himself leaning towards one simply because the proffered was more familiar than the others. At least we'll be able to leave here by air, and that's no bad thing is it? The youth unconsciously stretched his wings again, stirring up the cold air in the clearing where they had gathered. It left his ribs chilled, and a shiver twitched its way down his spine. It seemed that he would need to put himself through more hardships if this stirred up his nerves. It was time to get moving again, to be gone of the place. "Unless there is an argument to make something else a better offer? Otherwise, I believe we're done here miss Irrydae."

"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Where the Streets Have No Name [open] - by Ziago - 06-04-2013, 12:10 AM
RE: Where the Streets Have No Name [open] - by Accalia - 06-04-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Where the Streets Have No Name [open] - by Ziago - 06-04-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Where the Streets Have No Name [open] - by Ziago - 06-09-2013, 11:06 PM