the Rift

[OPEN] Dead Memories

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

Frostball bit eagerly at my naturally thin body, the thick, wooly like coat that I had adapted from home doing close to nothing in the outskirts of my home land. Here was supposedly where mates and mistakes alike came to find their way to parenthood.. hopefully I wouldn't see any funny business. Adults and their, horny ways. The tree tops that usually covered the soft earth with cool shade now were naked, stripped of their leaves. Chunks of bark had been peeled off, possibly from forest lurking animals that were starving, finding nothing else to eat besides the sour tasting skin of the trees.

I stood between two thin trees of what species I had no idea. They were tall and thin, the bark that remained on each was white with light brown rings of awkward widths stretching around the base. I imagined that the leaves were light green and yellow in the prime of Birdsong. It felt like a welcoming color for the gorgeous land. Crimson eyes stared at absolutely nothing, set just above the now frozen solid lake. I shivered in near silence, the only sound was the random chattering of my teeth. Clouds rolled from my much hotter throat, through my nostrils to expel into the very, very cold air.

A cold breeze rolled through the nearly bare area, striking the very core of my lithe body. Each muscle twitched with irregular spasms, attempting my heat my body so that I wouldn't fall, losing all feeling of my body itself. The blood running through my body felt as if it too itself could freeze at any minute. This was all a frozen fucking nightmare. I had just spent a day traveling back toward home, back to the Basin where I knew my narrow, some what warm cave would be waiting for me. Or, so I thought was on my way home. Everything looked exactly the same right now; mounds of snow here and there; mud where it had been the best grazing.

Just the day before that, I had spent my day chasing a dumb Pegasus mare from the boiling pits of the Heart of our land, finding that she was some what entertaining.. only because our brains were both haywire and bouncing back and forth from subject to subject, and stumbling upon a dark cave where we found a jewel. The cave was more or less a black pit that lead to our death in the side of a hill. The dank air was still fresh in my memory, it had almost made me gag.

Finally the mare and I departed, but she did seem rather interested in me. I had pondered on why she had such a keen interest in keeping in touch for the past two days. What an odd female. The snap of a branch brought my brain back to reality, the swift action catching my attention. The thick branch toppled from the top of one of the white and brown trees a few feet away, hitting the frozen ground with another crack. My startled body lurched forward at the sound, but each muscle was so sore from the lack of blood flow that I stopped, finding that I had moved only a few inches. Dark red eyes wandered toward the tree tops that the subject had fallen from. Higher in the air, everything was literally frozen solid. The tree branches looked like they were incased in class due to the nature of Frostfall. The intensity of the seasons sure was a bitch around here.

walking "talking" voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Dead Memories - by Voodoo - 06-04-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Dead Memories - by Arathea - 06-06-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Dead Memories - by Voodoo - 06-10-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Dead Memories - by Arathea - 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: Dead Memories - by Voodoo - 06-10-2013, 05:12 PM