the Rift

[OPEN] Bitter Innocence

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The little colt jumped to the sound of a new voice, a fillies voice that he had never heard before in his life. Eyes a little wild around the edges, he turned to gaze on the brindled girl who seemed to be enthralled by his moves on the ice. After a moment to pause in shock, Sacre slowly took a few steps towards her, a large boyish grin plastered across his face as for the first time in his life, he had found a friend who was not family. His grin turned into an excited giggle when she asked him to teach her, already fascinated by her eyes that were both gold and white. Like Aramis and Roux. Her body was littered with strange white lines, known as bridling to most, but to Sacre these things were all new. Like the marking on her right eye, she was similar to himself, two weird looking kids born from powerful families. He attempted to walk over to her side, dainty ears of black and crimson curved happily forwards.

"I can try!" He cheered in his boy accents, blue eyes sparkling with excitement as he contemplated the idea of teaching for the first time. It seemed this was to be a day of new things. Though, wasn't teaching for grownups? Sacre wasn't sure what he should say. His tongue suddenly tied. The ebony colt had fallen down the first few times, not that his pride would admit to that, and eventually he'd just got the hang of staying on his feet. What if she did fall over? Or hurt herself?! It would all be his fault and he would have to live with the guilt of hurting the poor filly for the rest of his life.

Sacre would have gone on trailing down the road of imaginary despair if it wasn't for the stripy female who introduced herself as Rhiannon. Or Nonnie, the colt was quite chuffed that he had already made it into her friend books and he turned her name over in his mind, remembering it as the name of his first ever friend and grinning at the thought. "I'm called Sacre! You're my first ever friend, Nonnie. Well, after my brother, but he's my brother so-" he stopped himself from rambling on, turning his head away shyly whilst he marvelled at this new social interaction and flicked his stump of a tail. Spindle like legs bouncing along the thick snow, carefully picking round the icy puddles until they were ready to try sliding again.

"Practise. Father leaves me on my own a lot, so I guess it's a game I've made for myself, but..." he paused to draw in a shaky breath, azure eyes turning back to look at Nonnie with worry. "I wouldn't want you to get hurt" he said quite honestly. Stopping before one of the icy puddles to gaze at it with uncertainty.
Jeff Kubina|flickr

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Bitter Innocence - by Sacre - 06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Bitter Innocence - by Rhiannon - 06-04-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Bitter Innocence - by Sacre - 06-05-2013, 06:07 PM