the Rift

The End Where I Begin

Ares Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ares looked up through the dead trees and into the deep blue sky, a hesitant respite from the freezing cold snow even though the ground underneath was sticky and wet. His coat had grown thicker and with each passing day he turned whiter and whiter, the golden palomino slowly losing it's vigor and turning into handsome dapples. A long, agile tail hung limp between his legs as bright orange mane lay damp against the side of his pale, muscling neck. Crowning him was a curved tusk like horn and electric blue eyes, a sight not easily missed, but he walked like a yearling who was fed up of the lonesome life and the dark forest scenery. Ares had spent most of his childhood alongside Eris, his winged twin, but now he was old enough to live away from his mother and so he spent less and less time with his twin brother. Always hoping his golden sibling was healthy and okay, but nether the less pressing on with own life. Right now the young boy wished for a direction to follow and other horses to talk to.

Descending further into the woodland, cloven hooves sinking into the ground below, he thought on what he wanted. He knew his father lived here somewhere and that it was possible his mother was still around too or even his half brother. His bones ached for more action, the path of the warrior maybe or perhaps something else. Right now he just wanted some friends and a purpose, they sounded like two simple things yet, they were becoming so important. His days as a young foal had been filled with nothing but fun and games, growing up with not a care in the world until suddenly he was all alone and foal hood had come to an end. It was not easy and often Ares found himself quite scared at the prospect of facing the world alone, meeting others with nothing but his own beating heart for confidence.

Plodding on at a thankless pace, Ares continued to press onwards at a walk until he finally found somebody who could shed some light on his dull life and he could find the path he was meant to follow. The time of roaming around on the border was gone, it was time to start again.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-11-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM