the Rift

The End Where I Begin

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

tell me that you want to dance, want to feel your pulse on mine
just treat me like a stolen glance of yourself.

The boys stunningly blue eyes met with her golden, the pair examining each other in silence, something Illynx had grown accustomed to when meeting others for the first time. She watched emotions ripple across his face as if propelled by an inner current, wishing, not for the first or last time in her life, she wished she possessed telepathy. When he finally decided to approach her, his steps were cheerful and bouncy, drawing a soft and shimmering smile to the charcoal maw of the corporal, drawing to mind a query as to how long the lad had been wandering alone, after all. She didn't imagine it could have been too extensive of a stretch, considering his age, but that also meant that even a week in solitude would be enough to make such a young and tender soul yearn for companionship. She herself had been gone from Helovia for months, only in the last fleeting week really missing her home and "friends" at all.

"Refuge miss..." the yearling said, her ears returning her brain into present events with grace, her iridescent orbs searching his face as he spoke, tracing the eager and dream-like expression with which he had said home, the longing within him as he explained that he had indeed been born here, but much like Illynx, felt as if he was a lone piece of a long lost puzzle. His vibrantly orange locks fell across his equally brilliant eyes, his face suddenly filled with a questioning interest in her before his bright young tones split the temporary silence once more, "My name is Ares." "Ares," she repeated aloud, the name sounding smooth and even on her tongue. She found she rather enjoyed it, unlike many of the names she had come to know others by. "I am Illynx, of the Aurora Basin."

It seemed to her that the child was either overly eager to hear her reply or that he would have difficulty hearing her, but such an ailment was usually only found in elders; she pondered to herself exactly what his strong attentions to her words meant, deciding that at the end of the day it didn't really matter. He obviously could hear well enough, he'd responded to her first question. "Home..." she mused aloud, her head tilting to match that of Ares, a soft crinkling of flesh in the corner of her eyes and the alert posture of her ears displaying her good humor towards him, "I too have recently struggled with such concepts, and I am far older than you." She giggled at this thought, wondering just how much she had been slighted by the early death of her parents; perhaps something had happened to Ares' family as well? She certainly hoped not, remembering all too well the hollow emptiness that had settled within her as she looked upon their deceased bodies, a hollow that had never filled in all the years between then and now. "I was born in World's Edge, and after Mirage and her band took it from my people I simply left, having felt my roots wither upon it's loss. But the Basin is a good place, hidden from others in the heart of the mountains," she elaborated, black muzzle turning to point over the treeline towards home, struggling with her reasons for being so open with young Ares; she rarely ever spoke to her closest of friends this way, much less strangers, but something in the back of his eyes hinted at a desperation for closeness of any kind and it strikingly mirrored the pit within her own heart. Perhaps she was just losing her iron fortitude in her age, or perhaps she simply felt a connection with him that hadn't existed with any others, even her parents, before she had let Psyche in. "I can feel my roots resettling and expanding. Perhaps yours will do so as well?"

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-11-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM