the Rift

The End Where I Begin

Ares Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Illynx.

Illynx of the Aurora Basin.

It was a strange enough name for a strange looking mare, though he enjoyed the feeling of knowing another all the same. It had been so long since he had spoken to a stranger, he almost didn't know how to converse properly. How to socialize. Yet, this mare seemed to represent a new kind of hope for him and his naive young heart pounded that bit faster in excitement. He did not yet have the knowledge of a well travelled stallion, he knew the woodland where they now stood and the odd place around it. Never before, however, had Ares been to a herd land. Aurora Basin. Another name and a place he had never heard of before, a shiver of anticipation racked through his body. His head still tilted, cursing his bad luck of hearing, but after suffering for over a year with it, the boy had got the knack of using his right ear solely. His left might as well not even be there. It was almost like having a constant cold, voices were muffled, but he could hear enough to make out the words.

Illynx continued, amused when her head tilted to match his own and the corners of his grey lips tugged into a smile. It had been a long time since he had smiled this much. It must be a good omen. Or so he hoped. The bay belle expressed that she too had experienced a similar feeling to himself, making Ares blink once in surprise. Maybe it didn't matter how old you were, loneliness was always loneliness after all. Though it was almost disheartening to think that it didn't get better as one got older. Ares, of course, had many dreams like one his age should. Filled with fantasies that would probably never come true. Taking in a deep breath, he pondered on the thought a little more, remaining silent until Illynx spoke of other lands, including her home. The Worlds Edge? Now that was somewhere he had heard of. His own mother was from the Worlds Edge. Ares was suddenly struck then with a longing like pain, how long had it been since he'd seen his mother? Too long.

He wondered if he should have made his way to his family land instead, but the more the strange mare before him spoke, the more he wanted to know more about this Basin. Besides, he didn't know how to find the Edge and he wasn't sure if Illynx would tell him where to go. There was something calming about being in this strangers presence and it intrigued the young mind of Ares. "My mother is from the Edge. Though, I have not seen her face for a while and I'm not even sure if she's still there ..." His young voice trailed off for a moment as he lamented her missing presence in his life. He just hoped Eris would have a better chance of finding her.

The boy searched for the golden eyes of Illynx then, his own brimming with curiosity. "Aurora Basin? Could you take me to this place? I would like to see it for myself, if you wouldn't mind. I have been alone for months, maybe I too will find what I'm looking for there." He smiled through each word, heart pounding in his chest as he waited for her verdict. Hoping she would agree and he could start his life anew, find friends and a purpose to his life. Stop the endless drifting and the feeling of slowly eroding away.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-11-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Ares - 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: The End Where I Begin - by Illynx - 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM