the Rift

Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Since the birth of the little green dragon, I had wondered at the whereabouts of my self-labelled cousin, Sakura. She was a beautiful girl, in my eyes, the image of her father whom my mother loved so, and with a heart as strong as any dragon. The pale damsel was only a few months older than myself, but I could not help looking up to her somewhat - especially now that her scent trail pointed in a direction firmly away from the borders of the Edge. I followed her, sometimes using the opportunity for travel to practise with my wings. Somewhere along the way, Daryth joined me, his dark smudge of a form laughing alongside me - offering me with company and comfort in my solace. My sister could very well be following me following Sakura.. I admittedly had not checked in my distraction.

The smell of fire was something I was familiar with. Father had demonstrated its wonders many times for us, as had Mother and Akaith, and my sister, with the fire dragons that poured from her maw at her will - even now, as I thought about it, Daryth blew a small flame. It was always a wonder to me that my little spirit friend could summon very real fire - so many around me had the ability. I did not possess it directly - and I didn't know if I ever wanted to. Daryth murmured something about always being there for me, lending me his flames if ever I needed them, and I had to smile at him, as he landed upon my back, generating a warmth where the snow would otherwise try to steal my body heat.

The sound of fire's destructive forces were somewhat new to me. Fire, in my experience, had only been used constructively - to warm us against the enclosing winter, to defend us from those who would see us harmed. Watching as a great fireball rolled through the brush (that had conspicuously become drier, and held a great amount less snow than my home), I stopped in my tracks, looking around me, ahead of me, following the trail of the burning ball, hoping another would not soon come and knock me over. I was fireproof where my scales laid, but they did not lay everywhere upon my body.

Wandering forward at a more sedate pace, Daryth encouraged me along, having recognised Sakura from my memories. I pulled up alongside her, proffering my muzzle against her shoulder in silent greeting. Golden eyes glazed over the presence of others (though I thought I recognised the strange pale unicorn creature, whose thoughts had so loudly intruded upon my brain), for they were drawn to the spectacle of the lands, the Lord of Fire and Light himself. Mother had told me tales of his destruction, his temper - but also explained that he was a necessary ingredient to the balance of the lands we lived in. Without the light, we would not know what darkness was, without the heat, we would not know what cold was. I looked upon this Lord, the first God I had ever beheld, and I bowed my crown - an instinct of respect driven into me by my parents.

Daryth, upon my back, did the same, though I could feel within him the urge to gift the Lord with his own magic, his firebreath - I politely told him to hold his flames, for surely the Fire Lord had enough of his own to think our contribution worthless.

Wishlist :: [2- Magic: Light | Able to communicate her thoughts directly to all companions (with ooc permission).]
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by God of the Sun - 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Ophelia - 06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Sakura - 06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Amaris - 06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Talianna - 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Avalon - 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Official - 06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Mauja - 06-06-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Voodoo - 06-06-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Aiko Darleane - 06-07-2013, 03:22 AM
RE: Quest Drop #8 Fire | Light - by Ophelia - 06-08-2013, 09:41 PM