the Rift

[OPEN] Renegotiation [Ktu/Archi/Psych+others]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia held felt her cold fury flare again at Archibald's words which could have gotten them all killed. Did he not know of Deimos' power? Could he not feel the promise of sweet and tempting death washing over the air just around his gray figure? What would possibly possess him to threaten those who were paying them for a contract? All of this sounded too much like Ktulu and her personal views on matters, and Ophelia was growing far too tired and cold to tolerate her sister and her right had man with their vendettas and relationships.

The Grey took payment for contracts without bias and little question unless it was to ensure the safety of their own. Personal relationships had to be put aside, something her sister seemed obviously incapable of doing. The very name of their group implied no fealty to the light or worship to the dark, but a residence in the middle, in a place where feelings, desires, right and wrong blurred into lack of question.

What were these transaction plans Ktulu had discussed with Archibald and not herself? Ophelia could rape either of their minds, and never before had she been tempted to so sorely. The rage that pulsed through her veins was like breaking ice over a frozen lake, bathing her in a lack of feeling that in itself held the juxtaposition of rage.

Phi had ignored d'Artagnan's quip for fear that she would act on impulse and tear the one whole horn still left on his skull to avenge the mere thought of pulling out Mesec's feathers. A tightness pursed her lips before she had turned to Deimos who seemed even more angry at Archibald's threat. The Basin was not their enemy, and they never had been. Ophelia could not judge them for their desire to remain with their own kind, knowing the heartache of never being able to belong wholly to either side. However, d'Artagnan's words could not be ignored, and she could not entirely trust that any action they could take would not lead to tyranny against those she loved, winged and bare headed.

Ophelia's entire body had stiffened in that moment, only relieved when Psyche offered to join them and renegotiate the contract with Ktulu. The power she held in her own land should not be underestimated, and while she was on Foothill's soil, Ophelia would protect her as fiercely as she was able. "Thank you, Psyche," were the only words she had offered in that moment, the only she could speak rationally. "I am going there now. You are welcome to join in my company," she invited before backing away from the borders and taking the pathway toward the south.

The seasons seemed to have changed since that moment. Snow had fallen across the lands, even turning her home into a pristine village of white. Her hoofprints lightly dotted the snow with two clover shapes, tail swinging naturally behind her while Tinek sailed through the skies. For once, the familiarity of the Foothills was not uplifting to her soul, and she stared at the landscape through bitter eyes and with a tensed jaw.

Once inside her borders, she moved into the shelter of the mountains and called for Ktulu, rage building with every second this matter remained unresolved.

[[Psyche + d'art and/or Deimos have permission to cross the borders. This thread immediately follows this one: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=7249]]

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Renegotiation [Ktu/Archi/Psych+others] - by Ophelia - 06-06-2013, 01:21 PM