the Rift

[OPEN] Renegotiation [Ktu/Archi/Psych+others]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The pointed words and cadence of Psyche's speech no longer bothered Ophelia, and she simply returned a nod of the head coupled with an empathetic expression. When they arrived, she found the entire situation rather ironic. Instead of she and her sister being unified against the world, Ophelia found herself in a situation where she was pleased that Psyche and Deimos seemed to be on her side in this disagreement. While part of her felt sad that Ktulu was alone, she could not help the disappointment that told her not to pity the fire in her sister.

When Ktulu addressed her, Ophelia narrowed her gaze ever so slightly. Would her sister think to question her thoughts? The way her memory wrote everything in perfect detail? "As I recall," she said rather sarcastically, knowing that her recollection of events was flaweless, "Roland suggested that the Dragon's Throat and the Basin held tension, to which I commented that Kri's herd was not mobilizing to war." The scene played out in her mind with scents and sounds of autumn filling her nostrils and ears.

"Roland then replied: 'What we are asking for is the Grey’s aid in battle, should conflict break out between the Basin and the Throat. We are not looking for a fight, but preparing for the possibility of one.'" Ophelia replied in the same cadence and rhythm in which the stallion had delivered his line. "Arah made sure to temper the response by saying that the Basin is not mobilizing toward war. I believe this to be the mis-communication. What we took as a plea for defenders in case the Dragon's Throat attacked should have actually be a request for warriors to be placed on retainer in any defensive or preemptive strategy."

Ophelia snorted and narrowed her gaze ever so slightly. "Would it be easy to leave your position and responsibilities to handle a simple contract?" the pale mare returned coldly, gaze narrowed. "How was the Empress to know that her words were to be turned? Or, that they felt as if they had to qualify their need with a story?"

The snow clad femme then turned to Psyche, a curious yet open expression in her strange, two colored eyes. "I have yet to see the Dragon's Throat mobilize on any offensive, except for the words Roland spoke of Kri challenging you for prisoners. Is it them you truly have qualms with? Or are you simply wanting to purchase our favors in the stead of an alliance of sorts?" Ophelia had no intention of judging her response. The question was simply curiosity and would not affect any decision she had already made.

Well, it seemed her sister had finally come to reason, though the tension between them was nearly thick enough to drink. Ophelia listened to her promise soldiers for any reason, but she still did not feel satisfied with the situation. She did not feel satisfied here in the presence of her sister, which bothered her deeply. The Forsaken then turned to their guests and dipped her head politely. "Should you require anything else, I often find myself in the Steppes."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Renegotiation [Ktu/Archi/Psych+others] - by Ophelia - 06-14-2013, 10:45 PM