the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Basin's Heart [Mauja]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Step by gentle step Mauja drew closer, unable to tell what it was that sucked him in – awe? Certainly. But in the face of such a mighty, strange, creature, who could surely kill him with a single bite, shouldn't he be pulling away? Give it a wide berth? Yet there he was, coming closer of all things, even if he was wary, ready to skitter back at the slightest sign of aggression.

It didn't come. What came, was a subtle shift, a rift in the glaciers, a hint of warmth rippling through the snow. His eyes glanced down, at the soft snow giving way to his easy steps, and then they glanced up, catching another movement, the roll of massive shoulders, and the earth trembled beneath him. Abruptly Mauja stopped where he was, ears playing uncertainly. Did she want him to come closer? Or was it a warning, to stay away? With a body its size, her reach seemed infinite to him, and only his foolish, mortal desire to stand near drove him. She needed only to reach out.. lean down.. and he would have a very long way to flee. Gently, he tipped his head back, watching her face in silent contemplation as her jaws parted, and words tumbled out.

And with them came cold breath, whipping like a sudden gale across the snow, against him, and his eyes narrowed against the chilly wind as he listened. She had begun with his name, and had his attention, and the tongue she spoke was like a half-remembered dream... Cleaner, somehow, than his own language, not so accented, and even as he tried to decipher their meaning he wondered why on earth she spoke to him in such a kind, respectful tone. What was she even, powerful enough that a mere breath stirred a minor storm, that a simple shrug of her shoulders caused the very earth to tremble? He swallowed, wondering if he should hedge a reply in his own language (if, indeed, his interpretation of her speech was correct) when she laid down. Massive limbs folded in a way he could not quite understand, and he found himself holding his breath as the leopard came to rest upon the snows and ice of the Basin.

He was too far away to see who it was she had nearly forced a tree down upon, but felt the breath hitch in his throat again when she spoke. This time, he could easily understand what she said, apologizing to whoever it was observed them from afar, and Mauja swallowed. Her kindness was at odds with his sense of foreboding; he could not quite understand what such a powerful spirit wanted from him, and tended to expect the worst.

Attention returned to him, and Mauja watched her, listened as she asked her question again, watched as her spittle struck waves upon the lake. That he had guessed correctly what she had asked did not astound him so much as the meaning of the words – or did she want to hear him confess he was a villain? And.. what on earth was he supposed to say? Did he know who he was? He felt as much bewildered as he felt bashful. "M'lady," for he was sure it was a feminine identity speaking to him, "I think I know who I am from a mortal's perspective, but I have to admit, I am not at all sure what you are asking me." 'Brows furrowed over gentle blue eyes, and his head tilted sideways as he peered (still up) at the lying leopard's eyes. He was honest when he could, and right now, he felt that being honest was the best course of action. Because frankly, he didn't have a single clue what exactly she was asking, or what she wanted to hear.
night-fate-stock -- dreamofsandman -- deirdre-T -- deviantart.com // i-mi.deviantart.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Random Event - 06-07-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Mauja - 06-10-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Arah - 06-10-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Arah - 06-29-2013, 07:49 AM
RE: The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Arah - 08-13-2013, 01:11 AM
RE: The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Random Event - 06-28-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Mauja - 06-28-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Random Event - 08-04-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: The Basin's Heart [Mauja] - by Mauja - 08-09-2013, 04:33 AM