the Rift

[PRIVATE] lay me down

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie

Small snowflakes fall from the blue sky above, the absent tears of a frozen heart, barely gilding the foliage with silver. Cloven hooves move quietly over the hard forest floor, barely whispering over the stiffened leaves like a little stream persevering over ice. The day is frigid, and she feels as if there is a thin layer of frost over the surface of her body, fracturing with every breath she takes. Winter has barely laid its reign over Helovia, but already everything is brushed with white and gelid to the touch.
With ease, the small dark mare weaves between the sentinels, a cautious shine in those rain-blue eyes of her. It has been a year since her arrival to this home of her's, and she feels no less a stranger than the first moment she laid eyes on it. Why doesn't she leave? Surely she would not be missed - Aurelius was no-where to be seen and Lena certainly would grow tired of such sad company. Dark lips press into a frown as she wanders restlessly through this dark forest, tail writhing with contemplation. Every step took her closer to the unknown; an uncharted territory, an unsung feat. But I've done everything, she laments, pushing herself into a run, dark legs groping dumbly through the ill-lit maze of trees. How many times has she attempted to breathe peace into this war-shaken world, to sing calm and equality into the ears of the damned. Muscles ripple with force as she narrowly dodges a dying pine, sweat flattening her downy winter coat. But to lay down my arms is to fail, she thinks, slowing her breakneck pace, the muscles along her back aching with exertion.

Huyana finds herself by a small body of water lined with rubies. Curiously, the mare draws to a stop and she stoops over the rim, watching her reflection framed by a halo of glittering gems, red as blood. "Is this what it's come to? she whispers aloud, feeling numb and useless and terrible. The water does not reply.

Messages In This Thread
lay me down - by Huyana - 06-09-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: lay me down - by Lace - 06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: lay me down - by Huyana - 06-11-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: lay me down - by Lace - 06-12-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: lay me down - by Lace - 07-23-2013, 12:22 PM