the Rift

[PRIVATE] lay me down

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie

Dark hooves draw the equine closer to the pool, on the edge opposite to her. Her eyes flick upward, lingering on his own, perhaps attempting to glean some sort of meaning from their gilded depths. There is a furrow of worry on his brow, but Huyana cannot dwell on it long because his little pale friend, Fajira, picks herself out of the bush she had landed in, chattering little apologies. The rainchild beams down at the tiny dragon, a fond look softening the portent in her gaze. She leans down to look at the creature more closely, blowing raspberries toward her face in amenity. Lace's voice interrupts this tirade, and Huyana raises her face to listen. Her ears flick back in consideration and the happiness that Fajira brought her vanished. "The world turns so violently, Lace," she whispers, watching him unblinkingly. Was he in Isilme? He is so familiar - perhaps he resembles someone from that place. There is a lump in her throat that threatens to choke her. "I've tried my best to bring peace to this world, to quell the flames which threaten to consume us, but what is a sprinkle of rain to an inferno?"

Eyes close, and she lets the moments tick by in silence. When they open, the silver stallion is bent, drinking from the ruby-crusted pool. "If you do not burn, you drown," she murmurs, dipping her own nose into the frigid water, not quite drinking but letting the coolness engulf her lips. Maybe he is a warrior, a warmonger, too blinded by bloodlust to understand her worry - but perhaps he is of peace - but he is only a stranger; what will he understand? She is ashamed of pouring all her worries on him, her doubts and her anger. "I'm sorry," she gasps, shaking her dark head and backing away from the pool. Will he stop her from running? Will he even care?

[omg sorry for the wait and then the terribly rushed post ;~~; also she's not actually going to leave ;P]

Messages In This Thread
lay me down - by Huyana - 06-09-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: lay me down - by Lace - 06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: lay me down - by Huyana - 06-11-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: lay me down - by Lace - 06-12-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: lay me down - by Lace - 07-23-2013, 12:22 PM