the Rift

[PRIVATE] Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC}

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

When you are ready, I will surrender
Take me and do as you will

"Wait."

The little mare composed of dust and charcoal turns to study the stallion, her golden eyes softened with shame. It had not been her place to bid the feline and his master to leave, but he had done so anyways, if not in a friendly manner. The pair of them had never formally met before, but the admiration that she held for the grullo seemed to have been sufficient enough to plant the seeds of camaraderie. Metallic orbs glance over his pale coat as silver legs move to provide warmth, and an ember of pride in her companion slowly begins to burn deep inside her breast. Without him -- without either of them -- the herd would be filled with gaping holes. It was their duty to protect their family from others like them in ways that their more offensive kin could not, and the sun-branded fae was relieved to know that Xanthos was on her side. He didn't flaunt his strength, nor did he force himself upon any given argument, but his influence and power -- although subtle -- were always known. He was a leader that Sulwyn could be proud of following, and she respected him not only because of his superiority, but because of his tender soul. The ashen mustang was glad that she had chosen the path of the shadows. Speaking of shadows, what happened to the other stallion? The one that painted the earth bla-

Realization struck her like the force of a freight train. Was that what Xanthos was getting at? "There's something on his wing." The clouds of doubt in her mind instantly cleared, and a pair of golden pools gazed up at the ill-tempered gull, staring at the blob of ink affixed to his wing. So that was what he was getting at. She felt like a fool to have overlooked something so unique to their rank-brother.

The femme trained her flickering audits on the squabbling bird, trying to memorize each of his words as they passed through them. Some of his story was hard to make out -- she was only just realizing how strange it was to be conversing with a seagull -- but the meaning was easy enough to apprehend: Ink had met up with this nuisance at some point, had experienced the same harsh treatment they were now receiving, and had flown to the marshes south of these cliffs. A shiver crept through the mare's thick coat at the prospect of adventure, but more so out of fear than of excitement. If she could lose her head in the confines of her own home, than what would she do if she had to leave them?

But... If Ink was in need of help, then they couldn't just leave him there.

Summoning up what little courage she had in the quaking vault that was her heart, Sulwyn paws at the snow nervously and wickers, more so to Xanthos than to the bird, "Thank you, kind sir. I think it would be in our best interest to escape these numbing mists and travel southwards. Unless there is something that you require?"

Golden eyes are cast downwards again, for the little wraith does not want to sound as if she is the one giving orders. Her only desire is to compensate for the lack of knowledge she had shown before addressing the bird, and this was one of the only ways that she was able to do so.

{OOC: Pooey post is poo. Just trying to allow you to post.}

Truth do you hear me?
Don't try to come near me
So tired I sleep through the lie

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC} - by Sulwyn - 06-07-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC} - by Sulwyn - 06-16-2013, 12:57 AM
RE: Open the Gates {Xanthos; Private; NPC} - by Sulwyn - 06-26-2013, 02:11 AM