the Rift

[OPEN] [finished] Lamb in the lions den

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

I can hear your cries of p a i n

The fae was not normally one to take pity, but because she could still be steered away from racism, she could find a piece of her heart that cared for those without horns. The fae attempted to hide the fact that she still had a soft side for those of the other species.

The fae hadn't explored the Basin side to side, mountain tip to mountain tip. So today, she decided she would do so. She began in the center of the Basin, making her way around. While exploring, the fae spotted a sad soul, one that stuck out more than the others.

A pegasus.

Accompanied by a unicorn.

The fae's eyes wandered to the pegasus' wings, that were hanging limply at her sides. The last pegasus she had seen had been Aryel, and her wings had been folded at her sides, not hanging limply. She watched her, a large gash running across her left shoulder, another a hole in her croup. The blood seeped out like tears, as though the wounds were weeping in pain. The fae was hit with a sudden feeling of guilt and pity. Stepping towards the mare, she caught sight of her face. The mare's body was smeared with dirt and her croup and shoulder smeared with blood. A line of tears split the dirt, showing the true colors beneath the mud.

The fae reached her muzzle out, speaking in a soft tone, but because the stallion was there, she acted as though she was talking to him. Hopefully the mare caught on. "H-hello... um... She appears to be hurt badly. Maybe I... or we should get some help." She stopped, realizing it would be impossible to find help to heal her, or to have the stallion find help to heal her. At least, no one in the Basin would help, but maybe somewhere else... Maybe she could notify someone in the mare's herd, and maybe they could come and save her. But then the fae risked being shunned by the rest of the Basin for treating a prisoner like a friend. "May I ask for your name? I'm Frost Fyre, you may call me Frost. And who is this mare?" She glanced at the strange stallion, his body patched with black and white. She smiled, and then spoke with a firm tone. "Is this your prisoner?"

The fae felt both excited, nervous and guilty to be breaking her Lady's rules. She shouldn't be doing this, and she knew it. Her stomach quivered as her feelings clashed. Helping one without a horn was exciting to the almost-yearling. Her eyes trailed to the mare's wings, still unable to get the fact that they were broken through her head. She knew bones broke, almost like twigs. And no twig could ever mend. A wing would be worse, for a grounded pegasus is like a hornless unicorn. A pegasus that is rendered flightless means that it will be unable to fly away, unable to be, well, a pegasus. It will become an equine with wings that were useless. The few obstacles that stood in her way were, this stallion, and her Lady. Along with the rest of the Basin.

[[Ugh... sorry this is kind of weird, I had begun writing the post and then saw that Crash had posted so I had to edit my post a little. :P]]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
[finished] Lamb in the lions den - by Africa - 06-07-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Crash Course - 06-10-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Africa - 06-10-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Crash Course - 06-10-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Africa - 06-20-2013, 04:54 AM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Crash Course - 06-21-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Africa - 06-21-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Crash Course - 06-21-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Africa - 06-21-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Lamb in the lions den - by Crash Course - 06-22-2013, 03:45 AM