the Rift

[OPEN] Must Carry On [Healers, Meeting]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Resplendence shuffled her feet, pulling up under Quil's good wing as she watched the dark mare suddenly appear beside the one who seemed to have called the meeting. Her rosette audit perked upward in shock, eyes widening instantly as she stumbled back a few steps. Instantly ducking her head so that she was burrowed completely underneath his wing. They had crossed the border. She hadn't intended too, she had just been following the call that was fluctuating with pain. It had been such a familiar call she couldn't have ignored it. And she had hoped, so dearly hoped, that following that call would at least somehow aid her in finding Quil a healer. That plan had done just that - found a healer - but it had also sent a little hiccup into the event. She hadn't planned on the leader appearing. Though, it only made sense.

"Heal him" came the chords laced with authority. A kind authority, but one definitely not to be trifled with. Crawling out of the cocoon Quil's wing provided she inched to the side. She wanted to give the healer room to ensure that he was going to be fine and that she didn't interrupt the process. Of course, her trembling only increased now that she knew that there was nothing between her and the horrors of the world. A reassuring smile was tossed her way and it allowed the mare to calm just a little bit as she eyed the healer who was so close to his injured wing. Don't hurt him. Please don't cause him more pain trying to figure out what's wrong! Res's gold eyes lock onto the black tendrils as they curl up around his extended wing. Charcoaled smoke curling delicately around his golden feathers. They seemed to be looking, poking, prodding, inspecting every little crevice of his wing. Tendrils cautiously sliding across his bodice until they locked onto one area.

The magic seemed to have a mind of it's own and it put Resplendence in a state of unease. Golden eyes flickered back and forth between tendril to tendril as she backed away again. And the black wisps spread, wrapping around his wing. Darkness covering him as though it were a bandage. His wing stretching back out, finally, to the way a wing was supposed to look. A soft breath escaped her maw, allowing her own grey tendrils to pool up in the air around her face. Instantly, she ducked her face away, eyes closing as they seemed to pull tighter against his injured wing. Please don't hurt him. Please let him be better... she pleaded to herself.

When she opened her eyes the swirls of smokey darkness had faded into the air again. Shifting just a little to the side her head shot up at the sound of flapping wings. A blue dragon was heading toward them. A bundle in it's hands. But it didn't matter that he had landed on the healers back, or that he was now combining herbs for their safety. It was only the fact that there was a dragon now. She stumbled back a few steps, pure panic flooding every fiber of her being. Dragons were not meant to exist. Yet one was right in front of her, moving his wings and catching falling sticks. Her entire mind was beginning to blow.

Then, the dragon came toward Quil, sticking out a bundle precariously close to his face with an air of authority that she had also felt with the magically materializing ebony mare. As soon as Quil took the bundle the dragon moved closer to her face. Something to strengthen her. An order to rest. She could agree with that. The dragon extended a twisted bundle of herbs toward her as she stepped back a few inches. Then, cautiously she extended her maw out to snatch the dangling offering in her teeth and retreating under Quil's wing which hadn't been injured. The blue dragon's eyes had shown only friendliness but she still fully believed that a dragon was not meant to exist and it unsettled her more than anything.

Though, it seemed that a wave of calm was spread around the entire area. Res's eyes fell upon the younger mare with a pelt near as pale as Res's base coat. Curling up underneath the wing she attempted to calm herself. Taking in deep breaths as she listened to her Knight's calming voice. He started to explain, apologizing for trespassing upon their herd land and offering their names. He continually glances back toward Res as he elaborates on how he became injured and how they ended up landing here.

Res couldn't stay quiet much longer. Gently, she stepped forward, still hiding half of her barely trembling frame beneath his layer of pale feathering. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I didn't mean to intrude upon your land. I hadn't noticed we had crossed into herd land until we were in the meeting. It's not his fault. He was barely able to move, he wasn't even certain of where we were heading..." Her voice tumbling from her maw in an explanation. "I heard a familiar cry. Not familiar in sound, I suppose, but familiar in the tones and emotions pouring from it. Someone was lost. Someone close. I understood the pain. I was hoping that, perhaps, if I could find them I could help console or do anything as it is near impossible to say much to those in such pain, and that just maybe they'd be able to direct us to a nearby healer..." She paused, having to take a breath in as she glanced up toward Quil, meeting his eyes for a split second to keep her bravery up. In all honesty, she would have preferred to stay hidden and not say a word. "You see, we don't have a home to go back to at the moment, and there was no way he was going to make it to the healer in the Foothills. I apologize, sincerely, for any troubles this may have caused, ma'am. We mean no harm, and we will leave if you so wish." Res bowed her head slightly in shame, ear flicking to the side a little as she let out a short breath before adding on one last thing, "Though, if you would be gracious enough to let us stay we would forever be in your debt, and I would be willing to attempt to repay it by learning the arts of healing as well," her voice falling down to a whisper as her bravery faded completely and she tucked herself back up underneath his wing.

They needed a place to stay. They couldn't keep wandering. Here was just as good a place as any other - if they would allow them to seek refuge here...

1151 words
o.o Burst of muse. Sorry guys XD
@[Serenity]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Must Carry On [Healers, Meeting] - by Smoke - 06-07-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Must Carry On [Healers, Meeting] - by Query - 06-08-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Must Carry On [Healers, Meeting] - by Sakura - 06-09-2013, 02:15 AM
RE: Must Carry On [Healers, Meeting] - by Quilyan - 06-11-2013, 11:21 PM