the Rift

[OPEN] !! Life in Colour

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
resplendence
and i'll find strength in pain and i will change my ways
Res had been traveling for a little bit. She had finally found Quil again and since she had forced a healer on him she was to wait for his return. Until that happened she chose the most peaceful grounds she could find. As she stumbled in her eyes panned over the thin, dying grass with the few heads of violet thistle protruding along the snow covered grounds. The river she spots in the distance as a stranger gleam to it, as if it's frozen over. And, really, with this weather she doesn't doubt that it is.

Golden orbs lock upon the sparse violet dots and she starts to edge toward them, leaving deep hoof prints in the snow as she trekked onward. Her frame closing the distance rather quickly, almost having to hop due to her small size compared to the height of the snow. As she reached one thistle she'd carefully pull it out of the ground from it's roots and nest it into the tip of her tail and then hop towards the next, creating a maze of her footsteps through the snow toward each one. And each one proceeded to be gently snatched from the ground and placed precariously in her tail.

Once she had a nice full dock of flowers she started toward the river, deciding that she must see if it actually was ice. Still hopping through the snow she stopped at the bank of the river and tapped the ice with the tip of her hoof. Seemed stable. Dropping her maw down she lapped at it a couple of times until she felt her tongue attach to the ice. Frustration and panic taking over as she wheeled herself backwards. What was going on?! She wasn't supposed to not be able to pull her tongue free! So with one jerking movement she ripped her tongue from the ice, letting out a small whimper of pain and stumbling back into the snow. Her legs giving out from under her, she fell, knocking the snow around her ontop of her bodice. She snorted a few times, dislodging the snow from her nostrils before attempting to stand back up. Her hooves sliding out from under her on the icy ground of the bank. Another attempt, shaking as she did to get more snow off and place it on the ground below her. Once more, she fell. Again, another attempt. And, when she fell again she let out an annoyed huff, a huge patch of snow located on her poll and starting to slide down her face as she gazed upward toward it in annoyance. What a wonderful day, no?

441 words
OPEN TO ALL
come have fun with Res <33
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Life in Colour - by Resplendence - 06-07-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: !! Life in Colour - by Casimir - 06-08-2013, 12:57 AM
RE: !! Life in Colour - by Shakespeare - 06-08-2013, 10:49 PM
RE: !! Life in Colour - by Resplendence - 06-08-2013, 11:42 PM