the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Don't Look Down [Loki]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
He snapped back and Res jolted a little. Panic flooding her features. What was going on?! Absolutely nothing had come into this clearing! She stumbled back a step, head thrashing around violently as she pranced in place, attempting to figure out what had caused him to snap back and almost fall to his knees. Nothing flew into her vision, and with an audit pinned her hearing was as if she were in a tunnel. All the wind echoing in it's crevices and confusing her even more. She let out a snort and continued to prance in place, kicking the snow out of the way as she looked for any signs of animal prints. Something had to be the cause for him to be suddenly in pain.

And then he seemed to get dizzy. His body swaying more than her's had and his vision so detached it was as if he were peering at something far, far, far in the distance. What was going on? There was nothing here to be having a panic attack. But, he had freaked out, as if he had just been struck out at. So, in turn, her senses were on high alert. Well, as high alert as they could be when it was slightly difficult to hear everything around her.

It didn't take long for the stag to collapse at her feet. A torrent of salt liquid flooding from his eyes. A snort of confusion caused tendrils of warm air to curl up around Res's face as she backed away a few more steps. Where was this invisible assailant? She wanted to know where it was so she could run, dammit! But, the form of the stag falling to his knees and sobbing did pull a taut heart string on Respledence and she couldn't force herself to actually run from the area. Not yet, anyway. What if he needed help? She was the only one around. It was obvious that the cold had started to take a hold on him, making each of his movements labored as he lay there and cried.

Wings fell limp at his side, allowing her to relax a little bit more. His sobbing continuing on for ages. When would he stop? Her brow raising in slight annoyance at the stag who had fallen apart in front of her. And then he was looking up at her. Looking at her as if it were all her fault that he was now on the ground in agony with tears falling from his maw. "I have done nothing to harm you. Don't look at me like that..." she pleaded, fear tightening her vocal chords as she shuffled in place.

Tenor chords protruded into the air. Sobbing, torn chords. He wasn't who she thought he was? So he wasn't some mentally unstable equine who was bordering on being a psychopath? Or he wasn't on hallucinogens? He claimed he was childish. He claimed he was nothing but a pile of discarded horse. "A pile of discarded horse that can move and breathe," she whispered, staring at him as he continued on this long babble of nonsense. No love since he was conceived. That, my dear, had to be an exaggeration. Was he so deep in his own mind and self-pity that he couldn't see the idiocy of what he was saying? "Perhaps she wants you because she likes you and not this thing you claim to be?" Res offered, voice still tightened with uncertainty as she watched him continue to go on. Erase what she had known of him? That would be rather difficult to disbar such a jolting memory from her mind. She still wasn't certain if there was an invisible threat or not and it was unsettling to her as she shifted in place.

She headed closer to him. Talking about wanting to die but in more words. She shook her head and reached out a maw to touch him. Then, at the last second her eyes locked on his horns and she jumped back. No. She shouldn't touch him. What if this is all a hoax? What if it was all to get her to pity him and come closer so that he could stab her in the heart? But, again, her compassion took over and she inched closer and closer. And again, she jumped back. The process seemed to repeat itself, her body getting tenser the more she continued the cycle until finally she rested her maw against his forehead. "You are not worthless. Someone will love you. You, on the other hand, will not lay here and die. It would be a disgrace to a brother who I'm certain still cares for you. He disowned you for a reason, my dear - to make you stronger," she murmured before backing away. Her mass of a forelock slid over her eyes until she flicked her head up and back. She didn't want to stay too close to him if he was going to rise to her feet. "You want your family. That much is evident. You have a family member to go back to. I have nothing. You will get up off of this massive pile of snow. You will get your damn wits together. You will work hard. You will prove that you are not childish." her voice grew stronger, mother instincts kicking in every so slightly. She was not one to take self-pity. Hell, she hadn't even really had any for herself when she had lost everyone. She had to admit she had nightmares, but she never went and carried her sob story out to everyone else. Especially not at random moments such as this.

One stomp in the ground as she kicked some snow toward his face. "You will stand up. You will grow some balls. And you will work hard to get back in your brothers affection. Because no one, absolutely no one can say that they have never been loved and that they do not have someone who cares. Now stand up. Spread your stupid wings and fly. Go find a way to prove you aren't childish." She paused, turning around to start to walk away. She couldn't be around this anymore, and he had asked her to leave. But, before she left she allowed her head to turn toward him. "Your past does not control you, Loki. Your past is a guide to show you how you want to live your life. You may not be able to run from it but it does not have to define you and your sorry ass," she stated. No harsh tones ever emitted from her mouth the entire time, even though she had allowed the motherly authority to fade into her voice. She was still sweet. She still cared. But she also didn't want to stay if she was not wanted.

So, with a tiny kick of her heels to dislodge some ice she galloped off toward the trees, hoping that he might, at some point, be able to understand and follow her advice.

1202 words
o.o Res gained some balls. ROFL
@[Loki]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't Look Down [Loki] - by Resplendence - 06-08-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: !! Don't Look Down [Loki] - by Loki - 06-09-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: !! Don't Look Down [Loki] - by Resplendence - 06-09-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: !! Don't Look Down [Loki] - by Loki - 06-22-2013, 06:17 PM