the Rift

[OPEN] words on their own become empty emotion [eris]

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Skysong

One might assume that the first thing on my mind at the moment might be returning home to the Throat. Or perhaps they would think that I ought to apologize to Mother. Perhaps they are even right about that, at least. But the thing of the utmost importance that I find myself focused on is impressing this admittedly not-completely-sane mare. Or at least, that's the sense I get from her. Now, whether this is an actual desire to please or simply self-preservation instinct, I cannot rightly say. Perhaps it was a little bit of both. I earn a smile from my question, and I offer a tentative half-grin in return, though my mind is awhirl with the implications of her words. I am too young to understand that creating a herd much mean the takeover of a herdland, for I have not yet realized in my sheltered life that a herd needs a land to survive here. I do not yet piece together the puzzle that would clearly point to an invasion of some unfortunate terrain later.

"My name is Skysong," I tell her, my head held proudly and my chest puffed out. At the very least I can show her that I am a confident young fae - that's a good idea, right? After all, she has smiled at me, so I must be earning some kind of liking, right? She gives me her name, and I mentally file it away in my memory, for I have the feeling that I will need it later. "It's nice to meet you, Eris." I'm not quite sure what kind of discord she means to sow, but I have to say I am interested. Isn't discord chaos? My life has been far too orderly, far too simple - I could use a little chaos, although I haven't the slightest idea just what kind the femme has planned.

Her laugh sends a chill up my spine, though I couldn't tell you why. She does not seem particularly happy, not in that laugh. No, as far as I can tell, she laughs for no reason at all, and that I just do not understand. "I'll join your herd," I offer sweetly, a hopeful smile on my lips. "I haven't... I wasn't allowed to help with anything, back in the Throat, but I want to do something useful. I want to go places, and I want to see things, and maybe I even want to create discord," I say the word carefully, sure to say it correctly. "I wanna be like you," I add with all the innocence and naivete of youth. "Will you show me, Eris?"

"Talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
words on their own become empty emotion [eris] - by Skysong - 06-08-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: words on their own become empty emotion [eris] - by Skysong - 06-11-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: words on their own become empty emotion [eris] - by Skysong - 07-04-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: words on their own become empty emotion [eris] - by Skysong - 07-21-2013, 10:31 PM