the Rift

[OPEN] Meet me at the border || Adrixaura

Roy Posts: 22
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 [ages in frostfall] HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

A whole year. Roy had wandered this land long enough to see it flush it's colors, from one seasonal gown to the next. Now, as snow piled onto the ground in the beginnings of a blanket, the stallion had heard rumors that the mare he had had a chance encounter with and had courted to phenomenal success, had been imprisoned in the foothills. He knew also that should his actions have come to fruition that it was nearly time for the foal to be born. He knew he had no right to lay claim to her or the foal, but it never hurt to be curious. After all, the new life would share his blood. He may have been pretty young, but even he understood the importance of family.

It was that thought that drove the painted champagne to make his way to the foothills, seeing if the rumors were true. His straight, silver-blue horn gleamed in the morning light. It was straight and narrow as a rapier, and strong as diamond, he wondered if the child would take after him, or if it would take after it's dam more. He wouldn't be hurt either way- the mare had been beautiful if memory served him correctly. He was sure the foal would be amazing.

He eventually came to the border of the foothills and instead of crossing it, for he knew better than to do such a thing, he turned on his back legs and cantered along the scent line. Several yards farther along, he saw two horses meeting, one inside, and one outside. When he got closer he recognized the mare standing inside the border as the mare he had covered. as it had been the last time he had seen her, her beauty took his breath away. This time around, it was easier to hide it behind a much better poker face. He came within earshot in time for her to mention something about a filly and he had a few seconds to remember her name before he had to slow down to a trot, and then to a stop.

He nodded his head up once in way of a greeting to the stallion, and then turned his attention to the mare. "Been a long time, Adrix. I heard rumors you were being imprisoned. I guess the rumors were true, then? How have you been holding up? Have they been treating you well?" The line of questions weren't something you would ask if you had disappeared for most of the pregnancy, but the situation was awkward, and he could feel that fact settling in. It had been so long. Where had he been? And if he truly cared, why hadn't he appeared before now?

He had an answer for all of those accusations that he knew could be rightfully thrown at him, no matter how much he knew she wouldn't believe him. The truth was that he had been young, and it was a chance meeting between two horses doing what came natural during the breeding season. By the time he'd realized his abandonment might have hurt her, it was too late for seeking her out not to be awkward when he found her. However, he couldn't stay away forever, and that was why he was here now.

Tonka, played by Sky
Adrixaura played by Katie
Sikeax, played by Katie
*Awkward Turtle*

Messages In This Thread
Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Tonka - 06-09-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Adrixaura - 06-09-2013, 12:59 PM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Roy - 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Sikeax - 06-09-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Knox - 06-09-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: Meet me at the border || Adrixaura - by Tonka - 06-14-2013, 05:05 PM