the Rift

[PRIVATE] Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah}

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

"Did he hurt you?" Of course those had been the first words to come out of the wraith's mouth, it wouldn't be in her character otherwise. Sulwyn was always the most concerned about the health and well-being of others, regardless of their rank, or species, or religion. The sight of her most recent "prisoner" had not put the mustang's mind at ease, and she found that she was constantly looking back at the towering vixen to see if she was alright. The meeting that the wraith had spied on in the Meadow hadn't looked right in her eyes -- the subtle touches and hungry stares that the stallion had been projecting towards her captive had made the grulla jump to conclusions, and she wondered if she had, in fact, been correct in her analysis.

"I'm sorry if he did." Alabaster lips are drawn tight together after she speaks, the tension in her soft voice evident with each uttered syllable. I wish I had gotten there sooner. The silver equine sends her next step slamming into the ground, and her tail lashes against her flanks in annoyance. Rage is not one of the usual emotions that the fae is accustomed to feeling, but guilt is, and she was feeling a fairly hefty amount of it. Sure, she had saved the femme from what looked to be an undesirable situation, but after one glance at the weapon that perched atop her painted crown, Sulwyn was almost certain that she would have been able to take care of herself. What am I saying? She's more than capable of killing someone with that thing, but you don't support violence! Wasn't that the sole reason why you stole her in the first place?

No. No it wasn't.

There was a pause in her train of thought as the grulla pushed through a clump of thorns, her shedding summer coat being groomed by the jagged branches. Without so much as a glance back at the bush, the mare knew that most of her soft coat had become entangled with the thistles, but it wasn't like she minded that. It felt nice to finally get rid of some of her excess bulk of fur, like a small burden had been removed from her gently-sloping shoulders.

Once again the mare found that she was trying to fill the silent void that had grown between prisoner and guard, and she had manged to blurt out, "I'm Sulwyn. From the Edge. Don't worry, though, I won't take you anywhere against your will." She winced at her promise to the unicorn, realizing already that she would have to break it.

"I do need you to do something for me, though. Have you heard of the Moon Goddess?" A white-painted head swing to the right, allowing a pair of golden eyes to hold onto yellow ones, and they give the opposing pair of eyes time to come up with an answer before continuing on. "She is the Goddess of my land -- the World's Edge -- and she has given me a task to complete for her. If you are interested in meeting her, Madam, I would very much like to have you by my side. One of my requirements was to... steal someone. Then I have to find another individual who shares my class -- I'm a wraith, it's our job to steal people -- and finally, we must all visit the Veins of the Gods."

She had never been to the Veins before, but she knew that it was somewhere far south. During the last herd meeting there had been a discussion about traveling to the Veins to learn more about the nature of magic, and the petite femme had been sure that they'd mentioned something about going south. But, in order to start their journey to the Veins, she had to find another wraith first, and so far, she knew of no one that would be willing to journey with her to the Goddess' shrine. Perhaps our sister herd will have someone willing. But that would only delay our trek to see the Moon Goddess.

Notes:
Text

Messages In This Thread
Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah} - by Sulwyn - 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah} - by Sulwyn - 06-16-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah} - by Sulwyn - 07-02-2013, 01:22 PM