the Rift

[PRIVATE] Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah}

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

{Yay for reply! :D}

Solemnity had managed to grip the silver mare in its talons now, for both of the horned faes were subtly berating her. The taller of the two was to be expected; who would willingly be polite to the one that had captured them? Sinding, that's who, came her own sudden reply. It was true that he had cooperated with the wraith when she had brought him back to the Edge, but since then she had lost him to the mists of her own home. He seemed to have been almost elated when she had welcomed him to their home -- perhaps he had always intended to join them but never had the courage to try -- and it just felt... odd to have him remain with her as a prisoner, when truly he was a guest. Where had the stag gone, anyhow? The last time the sun-branded fae had seen him was when she had handed him over to Mikali, who has also been absent as of late. Was Sulwyn's earlier assumption that the two had history together right? Were they spending time together right now, catching up with one another?

It was none of her concern now, for Sinding was no longer hers to keep. She had a new prisoner to keep track of, and she was doing a miserable job at that. So far, she had managed to lash out a porcelain doe -- whom she had never once met before but was accusing of murder -- and she had ignored the dangerous fae -- allowing her ample time to plot escape, if she had not attempted to do so already. She was a pitiful wraith at best, and maybe the war-painted unicorn was right. It was time to toughen up.

Turning her striped face to address the white mare, Sulwyn listened to each of the words that flew from her furious lips as she thought of what to say in return. I've done an excellent job of making a fool of myself, there's no doubt about that. It seems as if I've managed to piss her right off, too. Nonetheless, the much smaller equine was grateful to Arah for keeping to her word, and she felt that she was obliged to do the same. It would be best to start with an apology, though, and make her own position among their estrogen-plenty group known.

"I do remember that, Arah, but you know as well as I that these are dark times," there was no way for her to have known how true her words would prove to be in the days to come. Before speaking again, the ashen fae lowers her head with sadness, both at the grief that had ripped through her just moments ago and at the prospect of a war between their two herds. Had it not been war that had murdered her family, and sent her running to this dangerous meadow? "My actions of late are inexcusable. I hope that you, both of you, will take my sincere apology to heart."

Lifting her head to allow glistening golden orbs to peer into the doe's own, she presses on, "I agree to your terms. I will release you-" she switched her gaze to look at the daunting black vixen, "-once our quest is confirmed complete, and I will not attempt to imprison you-" the mare turned back to Arah "-either."

The urge to lick her lips in surrender to the vehement white fae is powerful, but she takes the other unicorn's words to heart. It is time to become strong. Stepping towards the antlered creature, her pained leg throbbing in protest, Sulwyn says coolly, "You made it war between us when your family killed mine. All I had asked of you was that we forget that for now." She cocks her head before adding on, "If grief makes one crazy, then I fear that I have been crazy for far too long."

I am so done with this quest. Whereas once she had been overjoyed to complete a quest for her beloved Goddess, the mustang is now fatigued. Suddenly tired of standing between two unicorns who have it out for her, the equine pushes past the both of them, her tail lashing out behind her as she leaves. The ache in her cannon is hard to ignore, but they are both right: she needed to toughen up. Climbing up a small hill earns a stab of pain for the mare, but she clenches her teeth and pushes through the pain. At the top of the rounded belly of the Earth, the wraith turns to look over her smoky shoulder, and she whispers to the meadow of daggers, "And I don't trust you."

{OOC: Kind of lame, but I just want to get this over with. x.x I think it is safe to assume we are done here, unless you have anything else to add? I won't be replying to this thread any longer, and I'll have one up at the Veins shortly. Thanks guys!}

@[Seele], @[Arah]

Text

Messages In This Thread
Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah} - by Sulwyn - 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah} - by Sulwyn - 06-16-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: Treated as Equals {Steal Thread; Seele, Arah} - by Sulwyn - 07-02-2013, 01:22 PM