the Rift

[OPEN] Faded Colors (Shadow, Open)

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Heart Family
Aiko

"The day was like any other in the Dragon's Throat, and here I was, stuck here. I was only four months at the time, but it was something that I was far from happy about. My father had been missing for an entire season now, and it was Frostfall, but the snow never touched my jaded home. The deserts that were filled with deep oranges and reds where the heat was kept tied down, almost as if it was a rabid animal that was never to be set free. I wanted to be grown, to be able to be free, to be of use. Why was it that I felt just as tied down as the heat? I was looking out over the sand dunes, when I decided it would be best to go and play. I walked over to my mother, who was lying there in the shade even in Frostfall, and I simply asked if I could go out and play. The answer was yes, and I trotted off with only the speed a foal could have.

I already knew where I was going. It was a place that I had found to be my favorite, and it was some place that I would go quite often when I wanted to think or be alone. There was a place I found that was just by the boarders, and it was high enough to see everything. It was on a ridge that was climbable, and it was easy enough for me to climb to it. Though it took me a while because my feet where small and still a little unaccustomed to such activities, I was still able to make it. The place I liked was right on the edge, where is was flatter than all the rest. I laid myself carefully down, and over looked the areas beyond that of my dry home. I could see the desert below, rain covering patches now as it snowed further out where the desert turned to large forest. It was an interesting sight, but no rain touched here yet.

'Oh daddy, what am I supposed to do?'

The truth of the matter was there was nothing I could do. I was upset enough as it is, and as I kept thinking about what to do, nothing logical came to my mind. I could feel my heart hurt, and so I healed it as I had when I was in the forest at night with those two other unicorns. Though my heart felt better, my mind did not, and I simply stared at the sky, in a loss about how to conduct myself. I was always mature for my age, and I felt it now, wanted to do the adult thing, but hating how I could only do childish things.

OCC: Smoke first, then open :3

"blah blah blah."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Faded Colors (Shadow, Open) - by Aiko Darleane - 06-09-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: Faded Colors (Shadow, Open) - by Shadow - 06-10-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: Faded Colors (Shadow, Open) - by Aiko Darleane - 06-17-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Faded Colors (Shadow, Open) - by Shadow - 06-22-2013, 12:29 PM