the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Fear [Kaj]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Resplendence shuffled her feet back and forth, her golden eyes locking on the form circling above her. Was it a vulture? No. It was too big. It wasn't Quil. He wasn't the right colour. Panic flooded her features as she continued to shiver. It was too cold for all of this. It was too cold for her to be standing here. But it was too cold for her to actually move. She didn't know what to do.

He lands close enough to her to give her cause to stumble back a couple of steps, watching as his creme wings beat down and spread the translucent snow around, some of it spraying up toward her delicate face. A minuscule snort escaped her maw as she eyed the weapons that when spread could easily attack her and be a cause for maiming. He shook. Ice falling from his expansive wings and then it doing the same from his golden coat. He pinned his wings tightly against his frame, as if to keep the ice from forming again. His body acting a heater for the cold wings after a long, tiring flight.

She eyed the stag, watching as a warm smile appeared on his chiseled face. But not all those who looked nice were really nice. She needed to remember that. The pain that had been caused to her by those who had seemed to have good intentions was something she dare not forget anytime soon. She craned her head to the side just a tad as he spoke. Manners. He was horribly mannered. He spoke much like Quil. "My lady." Formalalities she was uncertain of whether they marked this new land she was upon or if it was just by her luck that she had stumbled across those with such medieval manners. So different yet so familiar. Her calling? He wanted her calling? Oh! Her name! She bobbed her head for a second, shuffling back another step, shifting her tail slightly, before allowing her silky voice to protrude from her maw. "Resplendence." she whispered hoarsely, soprano chords cracking a little from the freezing air. "You may shorten it as you wish," she finished, eyes peering up toward his frame as he frowned. Why was he frowning? What had she done? She hoped nothing she had exhibited had caused him distaste. She hadn't meant to insult him. That was far from anything she'd wish.

Was she well? Had she gotten lost? He could offer a wing? She hoped by a wing he only meant her sliding up between his wing and his barrel. There were many other ways the wing could be given to her - such as injuring her. But, what were all these inquiries for. Res supposed they were normal, though she had attempted to keep herself hidden away from the world since Ciro's untimely demise. She wasn't sure how to answer, unfortunately, so her mind shifted her to glancing around this area to see what the entire situation was. There was ample room for her to leave, her frame could easily fit through the hole that was left beside him. Res knew that he was deliberately leaving her the area so that she could bolt if it was her desire.

He lowered his head, ears perked directly at her frame as if waiting for something to emerge from her maw, the smile back upon his face. He didn't seem bad... Perhaps she should answer him. Something warm didn't seem too bad. After all, it could only aid her, couldn't it?

Her audit perked up, tresses still pooled delicately around her frame. Her locks were acting as much as a blanket as they could in this cold weather. Heat was unable to pool off of them to act as a heater but it seemed to work more than not having them at all. "I'm not injured nor am I sickly - thankfully - though I am a tad lost." she offered, her chords beginning to lose the crackly tone that they had carried from lack of use. "I was wandering around, and it started to get icy. I thought I had turned away from it, though it seems I had turned directly into the mess." she explained, shuffling her feet left and right a little bit. A calming mechanism for her.

A tendril of smoke curled around her maw as she let out a deep breath. If she didn't trust him she would freeze to death. Her frame forever staying mummified in the ice only for her lack of certainty. She had to take his offer. She had to continue to stay alive so Quil didn't find her frozen to death under a foot or more of this dreaded white fluff that offered nothing but took more than was suitable. One more shuddering breath and she peered toward the stag who had done all he could to make himself appear smaller and less of a threat - much like Quil had done for her earlier. Her gut was telling her to take it. Her mind was telling her to run. Her heart was aching with an undeniable throb for it to be Quil here and not this Kaj. But she would go with her gut and accept the wing. "If it's not too bothersome warmth sounds lovely. Though, I don't think you can aid me in a home or loved one. I have no herd, been wandering in an attempt to find one since the Foothills were lost to the Grey, and my loved one is off seeking a healer." she explained, sadness coating her soprano chords as she inched a little closer to the stag. Her panic was still in her eyes, and she was still trembling. But she was going to have to let some of it go. She was going to have to be rave and accept the help when she needed it. So, she delicately grazed her maw against his forehead to let him know it was fine, he didn't have to be smaller before voicing the words to ensure he understood it. "You don't have to attempt to shrink yourself, Sir - Kaj, Though I do appreciate the wings close against your frame at the beginning. And thank you, for offering help." she explained, swishing her tail so it curled back up around her legs from the motion and tossing her head just slightly to keep it piled up around her missing ear.

Needless to say, tonight would be an interesting night...

1100 words
I love you. And your face. And Kaj. And Kaj's face.
@[Kaj]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Fear [Kaj] - by Resplendence - 06-10-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Kaj - 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Resplendence - 06-27-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-07-2013, 08:39 AM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Resplendence - 07-07-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-24-2013, 12:49 AM