the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Fear [Kaj]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
As she speaks the foreign tongue (though not without difficulty) she can see something in him clicking. It is almost as if he has forgotten what it sounded like. Or, perhaps, he was simply disgusted that she dare attempt to speak this language that he knows so well while she only ends up butchering the entire thing.

And then, as she finished speaking with her entire frame trembling, she noticed that he seemed to be off in his own world. Her eyes taking him in sharply, attempting to figure out just how close she could allow herself to get to this stag. Golden orbs were shifting around his frame, eyeing the wings that he had held close to his side in order to keep himself from truly scaring her. But, again, she was still uncertain as to if he really cared or if he needed to keep up the facade so that way he could sink his teeth into her and make her the new meal.

Finally, he seemed to snap out of this state, eyes no longer completely glazed over before sweet lyrics fall from his mouth. He would led her true, he says, and he tags on the 'miss' for what seemed like formalities sake. Gently, her maw bumps his forehead and she shrinks back the second he grows. Her frame trembling even worse than before but her breathing so still and almost calming. He seems to notice it as she shuffles toward his side with such wide eyes before managing to weasel her way in. She dare not touch the feathers, mind so positively attached to the idea that there is something in there that could become weapons that she does not want her coat becoming stuck to it.

Once she is positioned underneath his hulking frame and the extended wing she instantly pulled herself directly up against the silken fur of the muscled shoulder. It takes her a few minutes to even attempt to start gathering herself together just enough to allow words to begin to spill from her maw in uncertain, trembling terms. Asking, almost pleading, to know if there was something hidden between the downy feathers that would injure her should she rub her petite frame up against them.

Confusion floods his face, obviously dumbstruck at her question. Instantly, she ducks her head, shame only increasing the trembling of her muscles as she attempts to continue to take in deep, calming breaths. Counting to five seconds before releasing, letting it out on ten, and breathing back in on ten. It would all be okay. It had to all be okay. Right?

His voice pooled out, repeating the word 'sharp' with uncertainty. It was as if she should know this. But, she didn't. She had never been around winged equines before. It wasn't something that she was used to be around. The nickname is used again along with the repetition of the word no. Soft as a bird's. She had never touched a bird. He began to explain, how they were a disadvantage, how they were easy to bruise. And then, he said they felt like a cloud after claiming there was nothing to injure her.

She shifted her weight ever so slightly, entire body leaning off of him just a little bit. Quietly, she stretched her neck before almost touching her maw to the feathers closest to her. She gently breathed on it, watching as the feathers moved out of the way ever so delicately allowing her to see that there was, indeed, no sharp object under it. So, she pressed her muzzle up against the feathers quickly before instantly curling her head back up against her chest. "I've... I've never felt a cloud before. I'm not sure, exactly, what it feels like..." she murmured before shifting her weight just a tad. "Hurt you... more. But they look like they could... decapitate someone - especially if there were something sharp in them..." With a sigh, she lowered her cranium as she heard the sound of his voice humming something unbeknownst to her. He started to edge forward, his steps small to ensure that she could move in time with him and he didn't cause her to have to resort to fighting the cold on her own. "I'm s-sorry..." she whispered, taking a short pause before her voice managed to come back, "I've just... just never seen an equine with wings.... other than Quilyan..." she attempted to explain, though her vocal chords continued to betray her as she fought with the sound that was attempting to emerge from them.

She was forever scared, but she was beginning to warm up. Her legs not moving as tightly anymore and the shivering from the cold air dying down. Of course, the shaking from the fear had not completely resided yet, and she wasn't sure it ever would.

Either way, she was beginning to feel a bit safer around this earthen-coloured, winged stag who had offered her warmth and protection in this cold...

843 words
@[Kaj]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Fear [Kaj] - by Resplendence - 06-10-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Kaj - 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Resplendence - 06-27-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-07-2013, 08:39 AM
RE: !! Fear [Kaj] - by Resplendence - 07-07-2013, 09:51 AM