the Rift

[OPEN] When the sun sets

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

Sacre found his interest in the spider faced hornless increasing, he spoke kindly and considered each question the over curious colt gave. The answers were even more interesting and the young boy took on board each bit of advice, he didn't quite know what it all meant and some of it struck chords with him. Maybe as he grew older, he would come to understand more of the words that Mr Lace spoke. Sacre's opinion of the equine grew from prejudice hesitation to emboldened interest, what more did this creature know. Did he bleed red like he did? Did he sleep like he did? Did he have one beating heart like he did? Should he be frightened of the stallion before him who gave off no threat and instead offered a comfort in words, an education in life. Courage filled his slender bones and his heart was slowing back to a normal beating rate as ears twitched to catch Lace's next words, icy pools wide with anticipation.

For a moment, Sacre considered the question that was posed before him. What did he think? He followed his elder as he began to walk, bouncing alongside him with his face a mask of concentration. Instead, he remained quiet until Lace had finished speaking once again, in turn considering those words and slowly he came a decision on his opinion. Lips quivering, his voice starting low and gradually getting stronger. "It doesn't matter to me really. All I want is to create a safe place for my brother to live and I will do anything to achieve that." Came the boys voice, showing a determination rare in those his age, but Sacre had been born with this goal. He was still a small colt, but he'd seen enough of his brothers ailment to know what he wanted. If he couldn't fix Roux's eyes then he would create a place where no one could hurt him, a safe heaven until he did find a way to return his brothers eyes back to him. Lift the curse that should never been placed upon him in the first place. In short, he was beginning to feel less threatened by the hornless race, Sacre only wanted to know if they'd be a problem in his quest to create his safe world.

He thought on Lace's final words then, narrowing his eyes when the stallion seemed to suggest his father as being short-sighted. Sacre couldn't quite believe that, though the meaning of the word itself was a little hazy to him, so he didn't raise his voice in objection. Instead he tilted his head to one side as they walked, smiling faintly before finally replying. "My father would call you the short-sighted one, though I feel I cannot approach him and ask about these things that bother me. I am more comfortable in the presence of a stranger than him. I love him, I admire him and yet I do not understand him." Sacre struggled with his words, it was hard to say out loud what it was that truly bothered him about his father. Maybe one day he would see it and finally pluck up the courage to ask the questions he'd always wanted to ask.

The boy blinked then, surprised that he had admitted so much to someone he barely knew, further enforcing his words beforehand. His naive mind had not the strength to hold back his thoughts that formed into words, he just hoped that Mr Lace would not find him silly for thinking such things. Embarrassed, he turned away and viewed the meadow at large, turning over the many raging thoughts in his mind.
Image Credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-13-2013, 03:48 PM