Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

The older stallion listened with marked interest to the words of the colt, admitting himself surprised at the maturity the young boy showed. The prospect of someone so young already having a goal set before him was impressive indeed, and Lace had to hold himself back as not to immediately inquire how he might help with this task. Instead he simply nodded, offering the black foal the honor of his full attention as he replied. And while he might have smiled on the inside at the youthful and oh so naive trust he was shown, not as much of a twitch of a lip betrayed it as he looked at Sacre, eyes warm and understanding.

"You are a brave foal, Sacre" he said softly as the embarrassed child looked away across the snow-covered meadow. "It takes courage to speak the words that hide in the heart, and even more so to admit that one doesn't understand the ones you love. Older horses than you couldn't manage it, and I'm not sure even I would be able to tell such honest truths." A dark nose reached out tentatively towards the tiny horse to nudge the woolly neck in a friendly manner, not quite sure if the boy would tolerate it.

Silently wondering who exactly this father of his was, Lace kept moving along the river towards the west at a slow pace, trying to push the uncomfortable heat and soreness of his body to the back of the mind. "What exactly ails your brother?" he asked after a moment of silence, only looking away from Sacre to throw an eye at the horizon, where the shape of a small dragon now was growing steadily more visible. Fajira had finished eating, and curiosity towards this new encounter was luring her back towards her bonded much sooner than she'd otherwise have returned.

"You better not be covered in blood and guts when you come here" Lace warned her silently, immediately receiving a mental equivalent of a snarky glare in return.
"Of course not. My scales are pristine, as always," she retorted, sounding so offended that the gold-backed stallion almost began to chuckle out loud.
"Of course. Be gentle with him, will you? I'm not sure if he's ever seen anything as beautiful as you before... Try not to dazzle him too much, my precious."

A purring cry came ringing through the air as she agreed, and in a rush of air and wing beats Fajira came into sight, glittering like freshly fallen snow as she began to circle above them. Lace kept his eye on the colt, half encouraging and half curious to see what his reaction would be to this magnificent - albeit small - dragon.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-13-2013, 03:48 PM