World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
 But you feel blue sometimes
And you're blood bleeds red like mine
The grass is greener on the other side
What I'm saying is we're all alike
</style>

Sacre felt a thrill go through him when Lace's soft words proclaimed him brave. A blue eye flickered back to the grulla elder, but his face did not move lest he see the rather goofy smile that had now plastered itself across his ebony features. His heart was doing summersaults as for the first time the boy experienced praise from another. All his father gave him was a silent stare and an air of expectancy, he was his only able son after all, Sacre had no knowledge of his half brother. The boy finally looked back to the hornless when he began to speak again, ears intently forward to catch each word like it was an ending to the most unbearable cliff-hanger in the world. His gaze narrowed as he contemplated it, the child did feel proud that he could do something that older horses could not do, yet he couldn't shake off the feeling that it was somehow weak to speak of it out loud. "Do you really think so?!" Came his boyish tones again, this time coloured in disbelief. There were things he understood well for his age, the goal he wanted and an open heart, but Sacre lacked the sheer need to explore like kids did. He never felt brave. So those words were like someone lighting a fire in his heart.

It was then he noticed the outstretched nose of the equine and Sacre's eyes widened, in his unsurely he almost shied away. Shifting slightly to the side as he felt Lace's nose glance onto his scruffy neck. Nostrils flared, but he allowed the touch and was thankful when the stallion began to move again, the foal following cautiously behind. He was both intrigued and unsure of Lace, but nothing about the elder male showed hostility and Sacre couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt for his raging emotions. It was the hard, complex things he grasped so well, yet these little things were troublesome for him to master.

Lobes twitched to the next question and the boys face visibly became more troubled. Roux's ailment. "He's blind. Though only during the day, he can see better than me at night." Sacre frowned at the ground before returning to look on at the stallion, a vibrant smile replacing his troubled features. "He can't see the world in colour like I can. He can't see how amazing those mountains are in the sunlight. There are so many things I want to show him ... Share with him. It's my job as his brother to change that and I will make it so we can walk together as equals."

With that the foal was simply lost in wild daydreams of finally fulfilling his goal, the two of them stop on top of the highest mountain to look out across the land of Helovia. No enemies because they had already defeated them all. No worries. He was too naive to think it was impossible and too driven to give up on it.

It was then he heard the cry and suddenly his face snapped skywards to catch the strange flying white thing. What the hell was that?! Sacre slammed to a halt, staring in disbelief at the creature above before his voice cracked and whimpered. "What is that?! Will it eat me, Mr Lace?! I think we should run!" He was already retreating slowly backwards, the boy was just a child after all and that was something he had never seen before.

Image Credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Lace - 06-10-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Sacre - 06-13-2013, 03:48 PM