the Rift

[PRIVATE] Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Okay, so Mom said we don't have to stay in that weird place anymore because the black stallion that walked up walking weird said we could be free and go home. I'm not sure of what home is, but it sounds nice. Wasn't home the place where I was born? Yeah, it had all of that white burning stuff and was really annoying, but I kind of miss it sometimes. Maybe I'll be allowed to come back and visit when I'm older. Mom said I could explore as long as I didn't mess with the herds or any outcast bands. I don't know what an outcast band is exactly, but apparently we're in one called the Assassins.
Even though I had rights to explore my new home, I had restrictions that were kind of annoying. Well, really annoying. Like not to into the Steppe near our home, or the Spectral Marsh because there were things in there I wasn't old enough to see yet, the Secret Grove for reasons I could know when I was older, and the Deep Forest. Just the thought of going into the Forest was interesting enough, but I think I can break the rules and be a bit of rebel when I want too. Mom didn't have people all over the place looking for me, right?
I had decided to go to one of the places I was forbidden to go to, and that today was the Steppe. The Arch was pretty and everything, but when I could look out to see the Steppe, oh it looked so pretty! The first night home Mom and I started up to the sky and she told me stories about the Moon and the Stars, and the palette of mystical lights in the sky. I wanted to see them more and hear more of Mom's stories, but I fell asleep beside her and the stories ended.
Today I wanted to see what the place was like, but in reality, it was worse than the place I was born in. The white stuff was everywhere, and I was told it was snow. Out here, it just happened to be every where. I kept heading north, or whatever direction it was, I don't know my directions right now. The wind was cold and bit me with every hit, and my breath came as steam. My horn was still putting off pale blue light, and when we got home, I had the first chance to see what I looked like. My body looked like the stallion who was waiting at the border that called my Mom Adrix, except with any white stuff on my coat. My mane and tail are short, choppy, and a dark brown, but on my butt where my tail begins, there is a blue circular marking that makes my tail turn a dark blue at the top. My eyes match Mom's with grey flecks inside them, and my horn matches without the flecks. So, I guess I'm kind of pretty.
Oh, did I mention I figured out how to talk?! Because I did, and my voice sounds weird to me. Everyone else said it sounds better than a squeak which it was when I was born, but at least I know I'm not broken voice wise now. My horn still might fall off soon and I don't want it too. It'll probably fall when I fall on my face because my legs are horrible when it comes to doing what I want them to do. They shake and wobble and make me fall down and slide down hills into piles of snow. That day was a strange one, but since today is today, and that day was that day, I got some better things to do. Like practicing running more.
Running here is kind of fun, but at times when you run through the snow it has a deep spot that you can fall in. I fell into the snow earlier today while leaving home to explore, and was kind of glad to not have anyone see me do it because they'd probably laugh at me. I'm pretty good at making other's laugh, and Mom said if we ever go into battle or need someone to cheer up, just to throw me in front of them so that they'll laugh and they can beat them up. I don't want to make someone laugh and then have them be beat up because of me, but whatever.
My little legs were doing kind of alright with obeying me today. A laugh came from me and I found myself wondering what it was, but it was fun to have that out there and I liked. Around there was a sea of snow and I was exploring. I had the whole world to explore before me, and I wanted to see all of it before I grew up because then I'll probably be busy with a job within the Assassins. Maybe someone could explore with me and be my adventuring partner so if one of us has something go wrong, the other could rescue us. Oh yes, that sounds like a great idea right now! It put a good smile of my face, and in my shear joy, I forgot what I was doing and tripped.
I guess I slipped more than tripped, because I don't think it's possible to trip in this powdery stuff. There was ice under everything I guess, and I just happen to find one spot that was up there higher than the rest. Sounds very much like my luck. But when I fell and looked up, I didn't see the blue stuff that came off my small horn was gone! OH MY GOD, MY HORN FELL OFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed like I did when I fell down for the first time and panicked, turning around in the snow looking for my horn. Oh, Mom is going to kill me. And it was so pretty too! I loved it even though I only knew it for a few days, and it needed to stay on my head! What would the band say when they found out it fell off when I slipped on ice in a forbidden place? I'd get in trouble if anythinng.
Right now, I just want to cry. I've probably lost my horn, and I'm in a place where I was told not to go to because it was dangerous. Finally, I looked up and saw the light was still there, and relief came over me. It was still there! Okay, so maybe it was on there better than I thought. I'm really going to need to figure this things out before I start exploring the world. I've only got a few years, and I keep doing this, well, I'm going to get no where. Which is kind of where I'm at right now.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre] - by Sikeax - 06-10-2013, 02:58 PM
RE: Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre] - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre] - by Sikeax - 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM